Jensen VM9313 bypass question

sbeat

Well I'm an idiot and could not figure out how to get the parking brake wire hooked up, and if it involves splicing a wire I just don't want to do it. SOOO I was wondering if the bypass operation for the Jensen VM9312 was the same as the Jensen VM9313. If not do you know the specific operation? ALSO, I'm not going to watch a video while I'm driving, being as I'm an extremely dangerous driver as it is, so don't preach to me about the dangers of driving while viewing or something lame.

I have a 1998 4 cylinder 2.2L Chevy S-10 pickup, installing the Jensen VM9313.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it took me like 10 hours to install my first head unit and speakers.

I have the VM9312. What I did was run the pink (parking brake) wire to a toggle switch. Then, I ran the other pole of the switch to a chassis ground. Jensen hu's are wierd in the fact that they require a "pulse" signal. You have to trigger it on/off/on. The toggle switch acts as the "parking brake". So flip it on for a second, off for a second, and back on and the video should turn on and the blue screen should go away within a few second. I did it this way so I could still switch the video "off" if I happened to get pulled over.

Now, the easy way to do it. If you have the remote, press setup. Once the setup menu comes up, press the numbers 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 in that order. A hidden factory setup menu should come up with the hu's info, firmware and model numers. You will see a lil hammer and wrench icon. Press it, then you will see a list of options including "Brake override". Turn it on, I think. Just turn it to the opposite of what it is now. By doing this, you completely override the need for the pink wire. You can leave it disconnected or ground it. Now, you hu will play a dvd no matter what the vehicle is doing. But, keep in mind, that if you get pulled over and the cops find that you have the Brake Override on, you can get in a bit of trouble, and a fine, I think.

I could have sworn jensens could just be grounded out.
Thats what I thought too. But they require this pulse signal. My local installer told me this, he deals jensens and installs several a month. It's a bit rediculous, because if you did have it hooked to the e-brake, you would have to apply, disengage and re-apply it???

I could have sworn jensens could just be grounded out.
Thats what I thought too. And after hours of tryin to ground it and get it to work, I called my local dealer/installer for advice. But they require this pulse signal. My local installer told me this, he deals jensens and installs several a month. It's a bit rediculous, because if you did have it hooked to the e-brake, you would have to apply, disengage and re-apply it???

x2 just do this and u will be fine, u dont have to ground them or nothing,the video how to do this is on youtube
Its a lil more than just typing 543210... I explained the full process above. But my local cops are pricks, so I leave my brake override off and just use the switch. That way, when I get pulled over, I flip the switch, and when the cop tests the dvd playback, he'll get the blue "apply parking brake" screen and everything will appear legal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.