Participant count
  • Participant list

NoiseOfTheFloyd
10+ year member

God of Rock
Vermont
Thought I'd post pics of my partially done set-up. It includes:

Head Unit: Eclipse 7100

Fronts: Focal 100 CA1 4" (hoping to change soon)

Rears (Overhead): Focal 130 CA1 5.25"

Mid1 (Center Armrest): Elemental Designs eu700 6.5"

Mid2 (Center Armrest): Focal 7c4252 7"

Subwoofer: Image Dynamics ID Max 10", D2ohm

Amp 1: Eclipse 4100 pushin' fronts

Amp 2: Alphasonik PMA4150 pushin' mids and sub

. . . most of which can be found in the custom box I made. It includes the sub enclosure, digital safe amp rack. I no longer have a back seat, but this box is way more sweet than anyone I would have sit back there anyway!

I wanted to keep it simple, being that it's a Wrangler, and wanted to be able to clean it out easily. I also wanted to mount it to the floor and be able to lock it when the top was off. Instead, I got caught-up in the dreams of an artist and an audiophile. It's this work-in-progress drowned in bed-liner that I keep adding to. There's also a "custom" center console/armrest that's "almost done." My fiance' laughs at me for "modding" my Jeep. It keeps me sane.

Here's what it looks like as of late. It needs a cleaning and another layer of bed-liner. The plexi and the Eclipse amp are on the way.

Thanks for the honesty. It's not a great picture, but it can only get better from there. I used RhynoLiner so that I can take the box out and spray the jeep out with a hose, should the inside get dirty from muddin'. I've done it a number of times.

It's difficult to come up with a system for a Wrangler when you want it to be versatile. It needs to be easy to clean. It needs to be fairly well hidden. (With the top off it can be completely covered.) It needs to hold up to the elements. It needs to sound like a quality system and not simply be loud. It needs not to involve the doors since they come off. It needs to not be covered in chrome and all blinged-out.

It still needs a ton of work. It needs the grills on the speaker and blue plexi over the cut-out. I also need to do the lighting from underneath. On the left side of the "shelf" inside the box, there will be a second amp mounted. The jeep letters will be painted, as will some of the safe, most likely. Right now it's dirty and dusty and needs a serious clean-up.

Thanks for the input. . .

Here's more pictures. . .

Applied some blue plexi to a shelf/amp rack inside the box and ran a little light to it. Dropped in the Eclipse amp. It's not hooked up yet. Selling but upgrading my main speakers. Slowly but surely. . . slowly but surely. . .

There's still all of the wiring to do. Finishing touches like another layer of Rhyno all around. Looks pretty dirty in the winter. It needs a spring cleaning.

Constructive criticism or ideas?

Another small update. So, I got my Alphasonik decal for the plexi over the reverse-mounted amp. Also got an orange Eclipse decal. Used sheets of glossy black decal paper to cover the carbon fiber on the Eclipse amp. Then layed the orange decal over that. Not super-permanent necessarily, but it looks better, I think. I want to incorporate some orange light in the upper half of the box. I still want to the blue too be bright too. I don't even know if its possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.