JEEP help with headunit wiring...

Participant count
  • Participant list

GrandCherokee
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Orlando, FL
Got an Alpinex100...and ognna install it soon.

Went to Circuit City the other day and they said they dont wire the speakers/headunit to the factory Infinity amp...so wtf?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

any help please

supposedly they bypass the stock amp. i installed my HU, and it would'nt play. read up on it, and found somebody to do the bypass, becasue i honestly had no clue how to do it.

even though the stock amp is now "bypassed", if i unplug it, my speakers wont work, so im not sure if its a wiring issue or if the amp is still actually powering my speakers. the speakers in my doors as well as my tweeters all sound good, so im not complaining, im just not exactly sure whats going on.

nah dude you can still get it to play. I have a 4runner with the JBL system and i think the speakers sound great and they are factory amped so i bought a 99.99 harness to integrate the factory amped speakers to my 880prs and then i just hooked up my sub to next input on my HU, and i have a happy system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Don't go to Circuit City to install your HU, if you want a working system.

If you're not comfortable installing it with the factory wiring harness, at least take to to a reputable audio shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.