JCHARGU3 (aka BUCKET)'s Build a year in the making 2005 GMC Sierra EXT Cab

What he said again

Yes I'm a slacker, but I also ran short of money, things took an unsuspecting turn, so I was struggling for a bit just to make my bills... I didnt have much extra to play wiht, people barely saw me.

Now things are picking up and I'm starting to make money again, I've got it all planned out in my head, and I'm using this to get it to "paper" and get it done.

The only thing thats going to be visible as customized to the outside world, is the Head unit which will be a 7" touch... and the door panels and pillars, you'll see the speakers in those.. However I'm going to TRY to do it in such a way that even then everything stays hidden

The only thing on the outside that makes my truck NOT look like an old mans truck is my club logo, and so far people keep asking me if its for a fishing company becaue of the hook in our logo... So As long as it stays discreet and an audio "sleeper" I'll be happy.

and victor, the whole truck will be matted within the next two months.. I want it done before our cookout.

I'll be using Raam Mat I believe Ive dealt with rick before. I was going to go fatmat but I dont like asphalt based materials in this ****ed heat, I dont want anything melting/running, I already have that problem with my cupholders at time, need to get darker tint

how long is the port?

I'll get you measurement today

*****INSERT MEASUREMENT HERE*****

So this just shows how I have the wiring ran, ITS TEMPORARY... When I strip the truck to do the matting it'll get re-routed, loomed, etc...

IMG_1566.jpg

everything runs through under the drivers side trim panels

BLUE = Audiopipe 0 Ga

Red = Remote from HU

Golds = RCA

Black solid = MP3/CD Changer

Black Thin = Bass Remote

This is the only place of disarray in the truck, for now... All the wire exits behind the rear seat and all the extra is currently just thrown there for now

IMG_1569.jpg

Into the amp... When I rebuild the back wall, the wood will go the complete width of the cab

IMG_1570.jpg

it is upside down but this pic was just temporary to mock up what I would have to cut and so on...

IMG_1571.jpg

I have to cut all bracketry off the seat... so when I fold up the bottom for whatever reason it doesnt do this

IMG_1573.jpg

here we can see how everything hides nicely

IMG_1574.jpg

everything runs behind the fuse panel, knee boulster and etc to the center of the truck... It's all wrapped and tied together..

The red wire in the fuse panel is the 12v to the HU since I didnt get the 80 dollar retained power module... The white wire runs into the roof for this

IMG_1577.jpg

When its together everything is hidden

IMG_1578.jpg

No wires seen

IMG_1579.jpg

and the bass knobs home for now.. Its velcro'd to the bottom of the ash tray, since I dont smoke... I dont need to worry about it getting banged up opening and closing

IMG_1582.jpg

The blue light on that little bastard is BRIIIIIIIIIGHT I almost need to be wearing sunglasses at night in order to stand it... The only ***** of it is having to reach way down there to adjust the knob so I may move it and tint the blue led to not be as bright in my eyes.

Again everything is temporary mocking up. With this truck I dont want things to look out of place, so nothing will be left "hack" looking... It'll all be cleaned up and put away to where it looks stock..

The only thing that doesnt look stock when you pop the hood is the Fuse block bolted to the fuse center. Couldn't get away with that.

My remote is in the pocket on the left where the 4x4 buttons would be. I stuck it there with 2way tape.

I noticed that when I first saw your setup

I couldnt do that with this remote, the blue LED is far too freakin bright, its like DAYLIGHT of blue in the truck at night and having it low is non distracting.

I measured the port and wrote it down but now I cant find the sticky note //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

Last night I put my RCAs and Remote wire inside split loom, Looks much better when that trim panel is pulled up, now i just have to finish it.

Also got some grey carpet for the box, that will go on this week... I'll do it during work, and have my employee help me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.