JBLor Alpine

Looking to run 2 sets of components one for the front and the rear and wanted some opinion on the two brands ive narrowed it down to. It will be powered by a Alpine PDX P6 Amp (600/4) and use the passive crossovers. Looking for something that screams but also has good mid bass.

Front - Alpine SPX17Pro

Alpine SPX-17PRO (spx17pro) 6.5" 2-Way Type-X Component Car Audio

Rear - Alpine SPR60C

Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" Type-R Component Car Speakers

Front - JBL 660Ti or 670Ti

JBL 660GTi 6.5" GTi Series 2-Way Reference Component Speaker System

Rear - JBL GTP609C

JBL GTO609C 6.5" GTO Component Car Speakers System

Both are great sets. I personally have the 660s waiting to be installed in my Ram. I believe Seas made the Alpine Type-X components. Andy W. was in on the design and build of the 660GTI, that would be choice based on that.

Of course I do like the thought of the ID XS69s - I do have two pairs for sale lol.

The new type X is nothing like the old Vifa, Scanspeaks.

If you don't plan on using the wave guide don't get the GTI. It will work without it but it's not the same.

Also don't work about the back. You will have plenty of output up front. Spend that money on install treatments.

The new type X is nothing like the old Vifa, Scanspeaks.
If you don't plan on using the wave guide don't get the GTI. It will work without it but it's not the same.

Also don't work about the back. You will have plenty of output up front. Spend that money on install treatments.
I have read plenty of people say there is almost no difference with not using the waveguide. In fact the 670 doesn't even include them. Not sure if the tweeter is different or not.

I have read plenty of people say there is almost no difference with not using the waveguide. In fact the 670 doesn't even include them. Not sure if the tweeter is different or not.
Not sure. In the manuel it shows charts with and without. I was going to get a set but decided I didn't want to hack up the pillar yet

Both are great sets. I personally have the 660s waiting to be installed in my Ram. I believe Seas made the Alpine Type-X components. Andy W. was in on the design and build of the 660GTI, that would be choice based on that.
Of course I do like the thought of the ID XS69s - I do have two pairs for sale lol.
SEAS built Type X was long ago, are they still built by them? If so SEAS makes a fine speaker. Then again, I've always found JBL/Harmon products a good value and deliver as promised as well, so either should be a great choice. The JBL set looks really nice.

SEAS built Type X was long ago, are they still built by them? If so SEAS makes a fine speaker. Then again, I've always found JBL/Harmon products a good value and deliver as promised as well, so either should be a great choice. The JBL set looks really nice.
The quality on the 660 set is phenomenal. The crossover network is in a whole different league than anything I have ever seen. Too bad I will be running active lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.