JBL W12GTi Mk1 - SCRAPING MOTOR!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ricebowl
10+ year member

Perfect for you fellas who've been aching to build a Frank-Uhn-Schteen with this motor.

Frankenhooker-2.jpg

Bought NOS about 2 years ago. Has NOT been over powered. Both coils read perfectly, so I'm not sure what the issue is. The other that was playing right next to it is completely problem-free.

It still plays, so this may be a great opportunity for someone who has a sub playing in their trunk in a fashion that will keep the noisiness of the cabin to get this sub at a great price. FYI, many folks have woofers over-excurring away with clicking motors that they don't notice

Cosmetically perfect. I'm gonna keep the original box I have, but it will ship securely, double-boxed in the packaging that its replacement was sent to me in, which is a 17" cube at 33 lbs if you want to get a shipping quote from USPS. IIRC, it was about $45 to get an identical woofer to me from TX.

I'm asking $100 OBO + shipping just to put a price so as to abide by the forum rules, but I'm very flexible on that.

Located in SoCal.

scratchy.jpg

Link to a parallel post for sales feedback purposes.

JBL W12GTi Mk1 - SCRAPING MOTOR!!!

BadBioStar.jpg

Trades???
I don't need anything in particular, but let me know what you've got, car audio or non.

sell me just the basket?
I'm not looking to disassemble this thing.

Pics with username and date and I have $75 in PayPal
I packaged it up and it's in my storage. Here's a pic w/ my username and date in the same setting as the sub, on the same rug, next to the same coffee table. I can take another of the subs if it will quell anyone's uneasyness. I completely understand.

ricebowl.jpg

Also, here are some more parallel threads on DIY

5m-16.4ft Kicker K-Series Hyperflex RCAs

5m-16.4ft Kicker K-Series Hyperflex RCAs

FS: BNIB Digital Designs S4 4-channel staggered output amp - LA-SOCAL

FS: BNIB Digital Designs S4 4-channel staggered output amp - LA-SOCAL

FS: ID CXS64 Comps, US Acoustics USB2100, Speakerboxes - LA-SOCAL

FS: ID CXS64 Comps, Morel CW8s, US Acoustics USB2100 - LA-SOCAL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.