JBL Synthesis Audio System (Toyota Avalon 2011+)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hulk77777

MI
The Toyota Avalon 2011+ Limited models come with a JBL Synthesis system which includes 12 speakers, a 12 channel amp with 660 watts, including a 110 watt 8" subwoofer. My question is how good is this system? I'm including a link with some information but just wanted to know how this system compares to an aftermarket system. I am really interested in this vehicle as my next car purchase and I don't think I would feel comfortable taking it apart and installing a custom audio system in it. Has anyone heard this system?

www jbltoyota dot com

It wont let me post links for some reason.

My mom has it in her 4runner. It sounds much cleaner then factory speakers and gets a bit of bass. But no huge differences. Ude be better off doing the upgrades yourself

Ok, so that's good information. I could buy the non limited version of the car and save a huge amount of money. But did you click on the link? OR rather type it in? It's got frigging 12 speakers plus a subwoofer + an amp and a weird head unit. If I do go and upgrade all of that myself what would be the best setup? Should I just upgrade the 2 front speakers and 2 front tweeters or the back rear speakers and tweeters as well. Finally, I think the 8" sub is free floating, whats a good replacement? I supposed I could do all of this but it seems really complicated. I guess the only way to find out is to go and test drive one myself and see how it compares. I was hoping people would give me their opinions on it or rate it on a scale of 1-10.

There all lower model speakers that are underpowered. Trust me its not worth what there charging. Save your money and get a good set of components up front and some coaxials in the back. As for the sub that ones JUNK, u could get an audiopipe 8 for 30 or 40 bucks off ebay. Cheap box off sonic would keep up with it.

I would suggest a SSA DCON 10 for 150 off SSA.com, Get a box built and mount high and low amps beside it. Half the price, double the SQL

How much extra is the JBL system? On a scale, stock systems a 4- JBL system is maybe a 6. Do get any impressive sounds ude have to replace the speakers. Regardless of stock or JBL upgrade

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.