JBL GTO938 or P963?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The Power series is designed for louder, more powerful sound. It's also a better quality speaker than the GTO series with a nicer crossover. 75W is plenty of power for either speaker.

I'm removing my sub from the equation on this car (at least for now) and going for a nice bare bones system. Turns out the door speakers are 6.5 - I'm leaning towards the Power series from your reply. Are the 6.5's of equal reputation?

Thanks by the way!

Any opinions on Polk DBs or other lines of speakers? Looking to get the best (moderately priced) full range system since I'll be without a sub for the foreseeable future

What's the price range here? Not a fan of polk db, but many people like them.
No polks since the SR line is that great. What's your budget?
Sorry for the delay folks! As for price range, I was hoping to stick to ~$100 for a pair. Though if a drastic change in quality demanded, I could adjust that

Quick update - I realized I'd be getting the component version of these speakers. Are the JBL Powers a good way to go, or am I looking in the wrong direction? Are there others I should be looking into for ~$100 - ~$150?

Like, maybe these? (BTW, are those the same as these? Weird price difference)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.