the jbl bp 600 or bp 1200?

im only runnin one sub...

im a audio newbie so i dont know much

i dont even know how to wire them yet...but doesnt seem very hard

neways which one

jbl bp600

or

jbl bp1200

I would go for the 1200.1 , If you add another sub later you have the power and its only about $80 more for the 1200.1 , BAD AZZZ AMP !

well i would like to get the 1200 as well but i am on a real tight budget..

i only have 460 to get the box, subs, amp, and wiriing...

so if i get the 12 type r it will be $160 shipped

bp600 will be $180 shipped

box will be $50-80 shipped

wiring kit will be $30-40

so thas why i was thinking of getting the bp600

i dunno yet...i thik bp600 will be good enough for a alpine type r dont u think?

Take the 50-80 bucks you are spending on the box go to home depot with $20 buy a piece of 3/4 mdf some screws and a bottle of glue and build your own box , take the money you save hear and buy the 1200.1 !! Can you build a square box ?? it onyl needs to be .88 cu. ft . and save $50 !!

the gain statement up at the top was sorts right and wrong..."gains" are not a volume control so power doesnt change...................... more clean power is always a plus however......and as far as building a box 20 for the wood 6 for the glue 2 bucks for the screws 10+ for the carpet 7 for carpet glue....get the picture? your original list isnt bad bigger amp though posses more ability but isnt nessesary ..................the right box however is needed so choose what you do wisely..if you make it yourself and do it right you would have 50 in it easy plus time..speedy is just a lil mack daddy that just doesnt know that he is actually pretty knowledgable (but he learned how to find answeres to probs and did somethin about it himself) and handy with doing his own stuff...a true newbie would need tools..ect ect

yea i decided on getting a 12 inch type r with a jbl bp600.1

going to get a 1ft^3 q-logic box probably

now have to decide on the wiring...which i think wont make TOO much of a difference

wat do you mean deaden it/brace it

also...how am i supposed to wire the sub?

its a dvc 2ohm+2ohm sub

and i want it to present 4 ohms on the jbl 600

and what guage wiring do i need to use for the sub?

Have a look here for the wiring.

I would also reccomend building your own enclosure.... This way, you get exactly the specified airspace for your woofer. With a few basic hand tools, wood, screws, glue, and a bit of basic math... this should be able to be accomplished in a few hours.

I would be glad to walk you through this project if you choose to do this. I have a good number of enclosure building calculators and programs you can download on my website that you may find usefull too.

http://www.soundwavescs.com/Tech.html?

take it easy,

-zane

what would you guys say the best sealed enclosure for an alpine sub is?

the manufac. suggests 0.7-1.0 ft^3 but wut would be the best?

im looking into the q-logic 0.88 ft^3 box cause i dont want to sit there and spend time building a box and looking for carpeting and all

My friend and I went down to Ace Hardware (I work there and **** discounts rule!) and bought the stuff and built a box. It was so much fun and you actually feel that you helped assemble your system instead of just buying the different pieces. I dont know, it was cool. But if you were worried about finding carpet...go to your local Audio King or Best Buy install place and ask if you can buy some. Check ya lata!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.