JBL BP1200.1 - Overrated, underrated, or not?

I representative told me that it was just a little underrated...probably closer to 1250-1300 watts.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thats why you don't get paid to think. JBL has been around for longer than you have and they make very quality stuff.

its a good amp sorta low on features but it puts out good power.. it sorta shows how much it really costs to produce power imo alot of amps are overpriced only thing the 1200.1 is missing is a sub sonic filter, was the #1 reason i didnt get it.

Is this a problem? From what I know (which probably isnt that much compared to most people) but doesnt that conserve energy by not powering notes that your subs probably cant play anyway? Correct? If the JBL not having one is a problem...and I need a decent amp....and I dont have alot of money....could I purchase a crossover or something later that has one? Or are those not made? Just a thought, cuz I really want the JBL.

think of it as a sub saver that takes unwanted frequecies (potentially damaging) and makes sure it never gets to the sub..not sure about buying one we built one for my firebird way back when. a good amp with this feature is the memphis 1000d its almost a must have if you are thinking of a ported box or a large sealed

Thanks audiolife, now the secret is out:D Just kidding. Seriously, the biggest flaw of the 1200.1 is that it does not have the filter or so I have heard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.