JBL Amp on a 2004 Sequoia

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm moving from a stock six speaker JBL to...something. However, I was told that I "may or may not" need an extra piece that turns on the stock amp. Right now, the stock stereo sends a signal to the amp, thus turning it on. I was told that they won't know if I need it until they do the installation. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there a way to know if I need it before they do the installation?

Just for notes, the system does have a secondary DVD player for the entertainment system in back.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Are you just replacing the HU or a full system REDO? If you are just moving to a new HU, then yes you will need this extra part, and I am pretty sure it is the expensive one in those vehicles. You can look it up on metraonline.com.

Well the good news is that your vehicle is Pre DATA-BUS JBL systems, so you can get the $20 harness and be fine. Make sure you get a HU that has RCA preouts for front and rear, and not just a sub one. The bad knews is that I didn't see anything that will retain your factory rear seat entertainment (RSE), I would look on vehicle specific forums to see if anyone has solved this issue. It is possible but it requires some engineering I bet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.