jbl 1200.1 not good with ported box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

IMPP
10+ year member

I heard that a jbl 1200.1 wouldnt be good with a ported box, because it doesnt have a subsonic filter. Is this true, cause i was thinkin about puttin 2 12" rockford hx2's in a virtual technology ported box from a local store. Im not sure what its tuned at though. Do u think it would be ok to do?

Originally posted by IMPP I heard that a jbl 1200.1 wouldnt be good with a ported box, because it doesnt have a subsonic filter. Is this true, cause i was thinkin about puttin 2 12" rockford hx2's in a virtual technology ported box from a local store. Im not sure what its tuned at though. Do u think it would be ok to do?
It will be fine with a ported box if you are careful, the only concern is unloading them under the tuning frequency. If you tune your box high, just be smart with the gains and if you don't know what to look for, ask someone locally to help dial it all in for you...

I have a pioneer 6400 cd player, it has a low/mid/high filter would that work since tha amp doesnt have one? If i use this will i be able to get a ported box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.