Jaspa 200 Circle Jig help

SLIM3001
10+ year member

I love bass
GB
Hi guy's anyone help me out with this question i hope to have my Jasper jig some time next week with any luck but im lost how to set it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I know the Jig bolt's on to the bottom of the router but im stuck with the cut out size.

As you can see in the pic it's got the size of the cut you wont along the bottom I get that bit. But I dont get the number's on the left hand side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif what do thay do ??.

All so can anyone tell me what i would set the jig to to cut out a hole for a 15 inch RE xxx thank's

CircleCutterJig.jpg

Take the number 18 hole...

18 on the bottom row and 0 on the left side is 18"

18 on the bottom row and 1/16 on the left is 18 1/6"

17 on the bottom and 15/16 on the left is 17 15/16"

same withthe rest of the numbers. Take the bottom number and move up that row to get the size you need.

dont mean to thread steal but i have another jasper question.

Picture026.jpg

my jasper only mounts upside down like this. wouldn't that throw off all of the measurements? how do i deal with this?

dont mean to thread steal but i have another jasper question.
Picture026.jpg

my jasper only mounts upside down like this. wouldn't that throw off all of the measurements? how do i deal with this?
Thats how its supposed to mount...

ever notice the counter bores are on the other side so the screws sit flush? just be careful when "pegging" the hole...

Take the number 18 hole...
18 on the bottom row and 0 on the left side is 18"

18 on the bottom row and 1/16 on the left is 18 1/6"

17 on the bottom and 15/16 on the left is 17 15/16"

same withthe rest of the numbers. Take the bottom number and move up that row to get the size you need.
x2, But make sure your using a 1/4" diameter cutting bit or else it'll throw the calibration off...

so if i want a 14" hole i look underneath, find the hole marked 14", and peg it there?

i just find it a little odd that they made it mount upside down. i just want to get it right the first time...

( jntar ) Thank's m8 so for a RE XXX 15 inch sub i would set the jig like this.

( 14 on the bottom and 1/4 on the left is 14 1/4 ) ?

( Lil_KB ) No problem m8 i think thay messed up a bit thay should have printed the spec on both side's. Its not like are only a couple of hole's

( j3bus2k3 ) Thanks for the tip on 1/4" diameter cutting bit

I have seen them built into router tables where in that case, they are mounted with the numbers facing up. I believe that would be the only way to cut out the smaller diameter holes as well.

( jntar ) Thank's m8 so for a RE XXX 15 inch sub i would set the jig like this.
( 14 on the bottom and 1/4 on the left is 14 1/4 ) ?

( Lil_KB ) No problem m8 i think thay messed up a bit thay should have printed the spec on both side's. Its not like are only a couple of hole's

( j3bus2k3 ) Thanks for the tip on 1/4" diameter cutting bit
A tip I generally follow is to never router down more than the diameter of the bit or you risk wearing out the motor. You can use larger diameter bits, but refer to the formula on the back of the package to figure out which pivot hole you need to use...

just had a look @ the bit's i have and the size's i have . Can i use any of them with the JIG are thay to big ? i dont have 1 that say's 1/4

STRAIGHT BIT X 11

Single Blade 3mm & 4mm

Double blade 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm 14mm 16mm 18mm 20mm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.