I've over thought this whole situation, please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

CMattox23
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Delmar,MD
Finishing off a basement, and need to run speaker wire for a total of ten (10) speakers is what we would like to have throughout the basement. We wanted surround sound for the tv that's going down there, that's no big deal finding a receiver for the 6 speakers (including the sub) for that use. But when nobody is watching a movie, we wanted to also be able to use the 6 speakers used for the surround sound along with the ADDITIONAL 4 speakers we want for the other room to listen to music. I've simply over thought the whole scenario and need some assistance. If anything about this is confusing, please let me know. Thanks.

is there a question in there somewhere?
No, not up front. I want more of an opinion....

Why do you need 10 speakers? If I were you, I'd just invest in a nice 7.1 receiver and stick with 7 speakers.
It's roughly a 600 sq. ft. room we're talkin about here haha.. It's all technically one big L shaped room (no walls dividing the bar from the living room from the rec room), with the theater being at the 90 degree of the L and the rec. room right next to it. I wanted a full surround sound effect for movies in that room, with 4 extra speakers that don't have a use unless there is music playing.

So, thinking out loud, I wanted a center channel, two front channels and two rear channels in the movie room, along with an additional four channels located in a different room so that music isn't limited to just the movie room, but rather throughout the whole basement..might sound stupid but like I said it's a fairly big room and don't want to have to blast the **** to hear it from the other side. If this is confusing...I'll try and explain more, I just need to know what I need to take care of tomorrow, as they're going to be hanging drywall saturday and need my wires ran before hand..

^^^^ I definitely didn't put any text in that link ^^^//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.