I've *heard* the light! -- Mmats d3000.1

They newer MMATS i seen on termpro weren't as good as the older DHC styles but if you love the new setup more power to ya //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif
I'm curious to know in what way, you think. They're still made by the same USA company. That's a tough one to swallow without facts. Why wouldn't they just keep making the old ones then? Mmats has been around for a super-long time and pioneered the introduction of some killer technology to the car audio world. They have my utmost respect and trust. Still, your statement may have merit. Just curious about the details.

I wonder if this isn't another case of "I remember when..." syndrome (not from you... from others spreading hearsay). I can honestly tell you that sex was more fun a couple decades ago, but I've gotten a lot better at it since then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks guys for your feedback!

Re: Ti6Comp Elite component set
They sound wonderful. Extremely detailed and linear. Midbass levels will depend almost entirely on the housing you put them in. My doors allow for pretty good midbass from them. I spent hours tweaking my EQ when I got these in, and by the time I was done tuning for my prefered levels, I was surprised to see the EQ was flat across the range, which is way different story from my previous Polk + Infinity Perfect 6 setup. They can get l-o-u-d when you want them to be. They handle a crap load of power too, but I'm putting only 100W RMS into each side. The crossover (I think the housing is actually made of titanium alloy?) is very simple and extremely well built -- looks awesome.

I'm getting older, though, and prefer a more laid-back tweet. This set is not harsh like so many others I've heard, but it is on the pronounced side, similar to Boston Acoustics Pro. I'll probably sell this set and try out some others. This set is pretty new. Taking offers (PM me).

Cheers-
or in the short answer ......."i dont like em"

Re: Ti6Comp Elite component set
They sound wonderful. Extremely detailed and linear. Midbass levels will depend almost entirely on the housing you put them in. My doors allow for pretty good midbass from them. I spent hours tweaking my EQ when I got these in, and by the time I was done tuning for my prefered levels, I was surprised to see the EQ was flat across the range, which is way different story from my previous Polk + Infinity Perfect 6 setup. They can get l-o-u-d when you want them to be. They handle a crap load of power too, but I'm putting only 100W RMS into each side. The crossover (I think the housing is actually made of titanium alloy?) is very simple and extremely well built -- looks awesome.

I'm getting older, though, and prefer a more laid-back tweet. This set is not harsh like so many others I've heard, but it is on the pronounced side, similar to Boston Acoustics Pro. I'll probably sell this set and try out some others. This set is pretty new. Taking offers (PM me).

Cheers-
I dont get why you would get rid of them if you talk about how wonderful they are, and the tweeter isnt harsh at all. O well i guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

or in the short answer ......."i dont like em"
That is certainly an oversimplification. I do like them and am very much enjoying them every minute I listen to music. I'm just a freak when it comes to tweaking and have a really hard time stopping in my quest for my own personal perfection in all my hobbies. Check out http://www.rcNuts.com for a good example of that, when I *accidentally* walked into radio control cars as a hobby. One of my many RC trucks had over $5000 rolling around on it by the time I finally found my goal with it. *hehe*

Resize%20of%20DSC06826b.jpg

I dont get why you would get rid of them if you talk about how wonderful they are, and the tweeter isnt harsh at all. O well i guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
You're not that new to car audio, right? Everyone has different sound preferences. Although these sound great to me but sound a little too forward on the high-end, they may be exactly what the doctor ordered for most everyone else (especially with loud systems).

If you compared 10 of the very best comp sets in your vehicle, you may only select a couple of those that you truly enjoy. 60ndown may only love a couple too, and they'd likely be completely different from the ones you selected. squeak may only find happiness with one of those sets, and it may be one that you didn't particularly like. Ya know?

I'm willing to keep buying and trying sets until I find one that sounds better than just awesome to my ear. It may turn out that I end up with HLCD's under my dash and a couple home audio midbass drivers in custom front kicks, for all I know. We'll see how it goes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.