Its official - MA Audio COM1 - pics

CreeDiddy
10+ year member

Well you guys here it is. I went ahead and bought it!

Let me know what you think. It will be awhile to get some speakers. But to say the least I am incredibley head over heals on this amp. Over 46 lbs, EQing functions, and alot of wiring flexibilty. This is a showstopper!

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/238614/1

By the way, my good friend Terrance John (owner of Creative Car Concepts And Customs Corp.) got it for me. He told me that it took 2 people to carry the box to his house. He is a distribuot of a ton of car audio. If you are interested in getting a good deal, let me know what you want and I will contact him or I can give you his contact info. Cree

Lol Cree didnt you just post this like 5 min ago on soundomain forums? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

Lol Cree didnt you just post this like 5 min ago on soundomain forums? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif
Yeah I want for everyone to take a look. Some people don't visit every forum. So its just out of courtousy... I will probably get a lot of flack for doing so...
Cree

:] Anyways congrats on the new amp looks like it could pump out some major juice :]
Sweet thx for the comments. I am hoping that is going to be a good amp. My gut feelings says yes, but well have to see. Build quality is nothing short from stunning. Not many 6-channel amps are even on this league, with these amount of features that this amps has.
Cree

That is the biggest amp I've ever seen. It looks as though it was basically a 4-channel and a 2-channel amp with an EQ built into one chassis, but it's clearly more than just a chop job. That is one impressive piece of equipment there.

270A worth of fuse rating on that beast... very nice. What all are you going to be powering with that?

And how much did that cost you if you don't mind my asking?

He said on CAF that he paid $700 for it.

It is a very slick looking amp, it's one that I really wish I could play with myself, MA Audio is one of those companies that never gave me the warm-and-fuzzies... (particularly since they are intimately related (obviously) to Mobile Authority.. which is on par with the names-you-don't-recognize at the flea market... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I've used an MA Audio amp, and it seemed to work very well, even had a nice variable phase control, which is unique..

Of course, it claimed to be 4000 RMS, which is a bold lie... but it was powerful, certainly over 1000RMS.

That's really the only thing that disturbed me about the amps in general.. it seems fraudulent at best, power claims like they have... and simply out of the scope of possibilities of most people to take their amp somewhere to get benched @ it's distortion spec to see what true RMS power is, so they know what speakers they really should be matching up to the amp... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

It's a very cool all-in-one concept, but the inherent limitation is "what do you do if you find the EQ section is dirty, or creates excessive phase and imaging issues?"

You can't swap it out, hopefully you can at least defeat it.

But for the price, it seems like a decent package, the build quality does look decent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.