Its no mechman but aint it cute?

I'd have reasonable expectations out of something so small but it has to be better than your stock one. Let us know how it pans out. I suspect it'll largely be dependent on how hard you play music and for how long.

I'd have reasonable expectations out of something so small but it has to be better than your stock one. Let us know how it pans out. I suspect it'll largely be dependent on how hard you play music and for how long.
I agree. Realistically probably 90amps at 4000rpms lol. Im gonna take it to AutoZone and have them bench test it and get some real numbers. My other alt is rated 95 amps. Never bench tested bet im betting closter to 75-80amps avg

Nice! I'm crazy interested in how you get it in there. I have a 2275 and a Sundown 6k that could use a little assistance. My next step was lithium.
Nice. I built this car from the ground up. The motor (2276)was supposed to be next on my list but I keep rebuilding the stereo. I got it running solid with the 1641 that runs fantastic and is fairly strong. Gutted sandblasted the interior sound-deadening insulation and in full interior. Get the stance right of course. Not worried about the paint too much. I kind of liked it ratty. No shiny no Chrome. Little rust is okay. Originally was just going to throw a ampped bazooka tube in the back because it's easy. Started doing a little research. Then that sundown X subwoofer caught my eye. But was recommended and more efficient subwoffer due to the Volkswagens poor electrical system... and it's just snowballed. I keep wanting more and been pushing the motor off. A buddy of mine has tons of motors and parts has everything I need for a solid 2276 with big fat heads Etc probably only cost me about 2k. Which is a great deal on a blown-out 2276. But before I do motor I need to get a solid upgraded transmission. I'm running a stage 2 clutch now. And will definitely put in a stage 3 with the new motor I like a heavy clutch with lots of pop. And I drive like an ******* in the bug I will break that tranny in a week with a 2276. But for now I just can't stop car audio. But all in all I think after I get this electrical going for the system I have I'll be happy. What year do you got

I hear you about it snowballing. When people say it's an addiction, it really is! Over the years you end up collecting so much stuff from upgrading, or just trying something new. I keep just about everything lol! Back in the day, I had a 64 OG sunroof bug with two 8" Bazookas. Man, I thought that sounded good LMAO!

I have a 70 sedan that I took over from my Dad. I've always had VW's, but this is the first one I've had with a big engine. Chico (CPR) hooked me up with a great deal on engine and tranny. I have lots of rust on the passenger side pan, but whatever! Drop spindles and disc up front. Looks wise it'll get me by. The engine was the last thing I was doing to the car. I have three batteries, G31 in spare tire well and two G34's under the back seats. I also add a G31 behind each seat sometimes. Usually have the Sundown X 15's in (no backseat). I don't turn it up loud enough to be concerned with my voltage. My ears give up before my voltage becomes a concern to me. Rarely see under 12. I obviously can put more of a strain on it, but why if I don't need to? I want the lithium for piece of mind and possibly see how loud they can really get. When it's parked, it stays on a trickle charger.

I hear you about it snowballing. When people say it's an addiction, it really is! Over the years you end up collecting so much stuff from upgrading, or just trying something new. I keep just about everything lol! Back in the day, I had a 64 OG sunroof bug with two 8" Bazookas. Man, I thought that sounded good LMAO!
I have a 70 sedan that I took over from my Dad. I've always had VW's, but this is the first one I've had with a big engine. Chico (CPR) hooked me up with a great deal on engine and tranny. I have lots of rust on the passenger side pan, but whatever! Drop spindles and disc up front. Looks wise it'll get me by. The engine was the last thing I was doing to the car. I have three batteries, G31 in spare tire well and two G34's under the back seats. I also add a G31 behind each seat sometimes. Usually have the Sundown X 15's in (no backseat). I don't turn it up loud enough to be concerned with my voltage. My ears give up before my voltage becomes a concern to me. Rarely see under 12. I obviously can put more of a strain on it, but why if I don't need to? I want the lithium for piece of mind and possibly see how loud they can really get. When it's parked, it stays on a trickle charger.
How did you manage to squeeze 2 15's in a bug?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
My63bug
Vacaville ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from