**** it

After downloading the song, I see that I was correct... The song's main bassline is right at 45hz and I bet that is also where your bass boost is centered at.
If you want to know how it sounds at other frequencies, download a set of tones ( http://files.filefront.com/Toneszip/;6431032;/fileinfo.html ) and then listen to them in Windows media player. Set the visualization to Bars and waves: Scope. Then, slowly increase the EQ in the bass region until you see the signal start to clip. Play through all the frequencies doing this and get an idea. Make sure you're using a decent set of headphones or computer speakers to do this. Also, don't have the volume at max while doing this....
wien I go to ROE and get a 60HZ 0db tone with all the EQ down the Bars go up

and down?

so I have a maw-12 (350Wrms) and a crape 150Wrms amp if I max out the gainthe sub sounds the same just louder and it's at 8ohms and the amp dos int Evin

get worm so can I keep the amp gain up and it be OK
I would not recommend it. It puts a strain on the amp and could damage it from overheating as well. It also will sound like ****. It may not damage your sub thermally, but that doesn't mean it's OK to just go cranking the gain at random.

wien I go to ROE and get a 60HZ 0db tone with all the EQ down the Bars go upand down?
There are no bars on the scope visualization.

Take note of what I have done here:

This is with the EQ cutting the frequency around 60hz and below:

2eehe1t.png

This is the EQ set to flat:

4ftntyp.png

This is with a slight boost in the EQ at 62hz. You can see why even the smallest amount of boost is bad:

43c65hf.png

This is with a large amount of boost... bad bad bad:

29uoc5g.png

The sound of that last one made me close the player and I lost my playlist that I had just put together.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

now i'm learnin alot more then i did about amps and frequencies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Imma how come that 60hz wave when you cut it it kind of smoothed out?

Because the amplitude changed (the height of the wave) while the frequency stayed the same. It looks smoother because the slope of the curve is smaller. Slope is equal to dy/dx (or change in y over the change in x; rise over run). Since there was no change in x (same frequency) and there was a change in y (amplitude), there will be a change in the slope.

Because the amplitude changed (the height of the wave) while the frequency stayed the same. It looks smoother because the slope of the curve is smaller. Slope is equal to dy/dx (or change in y over the change in x; rise over run). Since there was no change in x (same frequency) and there was a change in y (amplitude), there will be a change in the slope.
ahh okay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

luvinthebass

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Elite
luvinthebass
Middle of Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date