4 vs. 1 please dont flame!!

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
hi guys

well, as you can see in my sig, i have (4) 12" pioneer premier subs all wired together for a single 2 ohm load and running off of around 1800 - 2000watts. the subs are all 500RMS each as well

now i know this is a VERY subjective question, but how would an RE XXX dual 2 ohm, wired to 1 ohm with that same 1800-2000 fair in comparision to (4) 12's ? both in the same hatchback probe gt and ported and tuning at around 30Hz. not exact though

reason im asking is, you dont see much talk of generic models (even though the premiers wernt that cheap) on here or compared with specialty internet models. i know the (4) 12"s have more cone area, but with such impressive specs on the XXX would that make up for the loss of cone area etc. and sound just as loud/deep???

i picked up a mint 2 month old XXX for $440 shipped to my door. i think it was a pretty good deal, coz shipping was like $50, so $390 for the sub itself. i think they retail a LOT more new.

of course i will test out and compare both, but it wont be for a while since im not home yet and in another country, so im anxious to get some feedback/opinions

im looking for deep hard hitting bass, and im not competing. i never had experinece with such a proven background and such impressive specs

i hope im in for a treat!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

im sure u get pretty good sq with those subs sealed huh? i think its sealed looks it, but when i came from 6 cvrs way back in the day sealed, went to a re sx 18" it blew those away only on 1000rms if that gives you idea, you never know INSTALL is everything

well, pioneer recommends sealed for those subs, but i went ported coz i ike how ported sounds with the rolloff and more vibration

but im trying to compare ported vs. the 12" RE XXX thoughts??

^werd.

single sub set-ups are sexy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

those subs you have are one of best if not the best model pioneer have ever made (sqwise) i would keep them.

I like multisubs setups.

its a 06 XXX
why? is there a build difference with older models? is the 06 the less sought after or the opposite??
The XXX got a complete overhaul for 2006. I haven't heard either, but the 06 model got one of the best reviews ever given by Car Audio and Electronics Magazine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.