Issues with abrosk927 amp transaction....

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
Alright....not trying to blow this out of control, just want to address the issues and if I'm lucky, get this resolved.

4/22/13 sent payment of $140 to Thomas Broskey (abrosk927) for his "like new" audiopipe 1800. pics in the ad looked decent enough, claimed it worked fine.Though not stated as like new in his ad, he did say it was like new via PM durring our price negotiation.....i told him this would be a great temporary amp for me until I get my big boy amp fixed down the road...so obviously the resale value played a big role in my purchase.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/572790-audiopipe-18001d-1-ohm-stable.html

sometime around 4/30/13 the amp get here.....hooked it up, does not power on. so I snoop around and discover the remote wire terminal is completely bent in and severed from the main board. in the thread pictures the remote terminal (from the outside) looks a little shifted but nothing major, amp was said to work fine. obviously it doesnt work fine with an entire broken off terminal.....oddthing too is there was no external damage say from shipping. this had to be broken prior to shipping. maybe it barely made enough contact before and worked for him, but now i have it and value has dropped.

....so instead of sending the amp back to him and demanding a full refund (no amp for me, total sale loss and broken amp for him) i removed the broken terminal and soldered a remote wire directly to the board (because I'm awesome like that). I sent him pictures showing exactly what was wrong, and told him my local amp repair guy had part that'd fit and would fix it up for $50. This when I resell I could get that fixed, or new buyer could get it fixed, or I could resell it for $50 less......either way, all I wanted was that $50 covered. Seemed fair. Abrosk apologized, agreed, and said he would refund me the $50.....

I've been waiting since 4/30/13 for this payment. It's been almost 3 weeks, I've been very patient,not blowing up his in box, though I did note he has been online frequently since then. Last response from him I got on 5/7/13 when he responded to my question of why I had not received payment....he ask surprised "Did it never go through?". He may have tried to send it and might have gotten the email address wrong. I sent him my email again (it was correctly typed both times). Have not heard back from him since 5/7/13......????

I would really like to get that $50 to cover the lost value of the "like new" doa amp I fixed

Does it smell like smoke? Cuzz it seems like hes burning you for them fifty frogskins. Should be banned and ip reported to other ca sites imo. If he doesn't make things right file pp claim.

If you can solder why not just get the part and put it in yourself. I bet it would be alot less than $50.

If you can solder why not just get the part and put it in yourself. I bet it would be alot less than $50.
That's besides the point bruh abrosk927 should have been honest about the whole deal instead of truing to get ova on another car audio brotha

That's besides the point bruh abrosk927 should have been honest about the whole deal instead of truing to get ova on another car audio brotha

Correct. And he said he compensate that $50 and then just flaked.

I'm skilled enough to solder a wire to the board, doing a whole terminal may not look as nice / may not be perfect. If I'm reselling it the next buyer would more appreciate a "professional" solder job.

Chances are I'll just resell it with the wire to board job I did (which is solid and working just fine btw) and just eat that 50 depreciation. It is what it is.

Buyers beware. Abrosk is a flake and not forth coming with his stuff.

Lol I think your first clue should of been that his last name is "broskey" a slang word for "brother." :p

But seriously I have been in the same situation and it is awful!

he tried selling me that amp, he was too constant though, didn't get a good vibe... he's all over youtube and stuff under same name blow up his message boards there...

It because of stupid fvcks like this, that a lot of people won't even buy anything used anymore even if it IS ACTUALLY AS DESCRIBED for a descent savings from new... FKN @SSHOLES... They're everywhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

It because of stupid fvcks like this, that a lot of people won't even buy anything used anymore even if it IS ACTUALLY AS DESCRIBED for a descent savings from new... FKN @SSHOLES... They're everywhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif
Ain't that the truth

Update......dude messaged me

"I apologize a million times over, i sent the money to the wrong email and since when i sent it i figured everything was fine and have not been back on to check. please send me the correct email so we can get this solved asap"

It's cool...**** happens sometimes, looks to be resolved shortly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BassAddictJ

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
BassAddictJ
FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies