Is this worth purchasing?

Gearstix
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Does anybody have anything like this? I noticed it when I was looking through Acklands-Grainger's catalogue at work, looking for some power wire.

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AGIPortalWeb/WebSource/ProductDisplay/globalProductDetailDisplay.do?item_code=GRO84-9087

GRO84-9087.jpg

Says it does up to 4/0. My dad has something similar, but it looks like a huuge pair of bolt cutters. It only does 1/0 though.

Does it require much effort to use? I was thinking of making a metal frame and use a 5 ton bottle jack or something, if it required much effort. Sorta like a shop press.
You just hit it with a fucking hammer. Its not that complicated.

Stupid canucks.

You just hit it with a fucking hammer. Its not that complicated.
Stupid canucks.
I laugh at this site, its like 10% good information, 90% ********.

I'm sorry, I've never used one of these before, every setup I've done is rather small, and I can use hand held crimpers for that, sorry for not fucking knowing!

There is hydraulic powered crimpers, just figured it'd may be easier to use a bottle jack.

I just dump my cawk and balls on it. Usually cuts right through the 4/0 though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i have one of those but some places you just can't use it. i have a crimp tool that crimps up to over 000000 gauge. it is adjustable all the way down to 8 ga. i paid $150.00 for it though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.