Is this worth buying?? $450aud

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't find it strange. Alpine does not really do 1ohm...im pretty sure they are aware that their brand subs can't handle 1ohm I know that only the type R 10" comes in dual 2ohm option but at 300rms which *****. But 2ohm at that power is a feat on its own. I didn't think that much power could be achieved at 2ohms at this point in time. I feel it'd be worth buying. Given it's size it won't fit in my car so I'll stash it for later.
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Subs cant handle 1 ohm?... subs can be wired to 1 ohm but "handle" is a misleading and potentially disastrous term to be using in this sentence... amps are able to handle loads, or stable to 1 ohm for example... subs can be wired to any nominal impedance depending on the coils... example, if you have dual 4 ohm subs it can be wired in parallel to 2 ohm or wired in series to 8...

Yes that is a nice Old school amp... I've seen a few before... just slightly more powerful and with a different final load stability... it is not a BAD deal...

Subs cant handle 1 ohm?... subs can be wired to 1 ohm but "handle" is a misleading and potentially disastrous term to be using in this sentence... amps are able to handle loads, or stable to 1 ohm for example... subs can be wired to any nominal impedance depending on the coils... example, if you have dual 4 ohm subs it can be wired in parallel to 2 ohm or wired in series to 8...Yes that is a nice Old school amp... I've seen a few before... just slightly more powerful and with a different final load stability... it is not a BAD deal...
Yeah my bad.. But I know most of mono amps can't handle 1ohm..i tried I think 3 of there amps to hook up 1ohm an Str8 into protect they went.. Even on subs that total an rms rating lower than the amp. They just won't handle past a specific volume (mind you very low)

Meh, wonder if OP can swindle the seller to lower the price....
Yeah i Intend to negotiate to 350..not paying anymore than that I still have the T1500 to rely on anyways.

You do realize OP is in Australia and not USA right? Things in AU are far more expensive than USA.
It isn't hey.. Not by a long shot. This is due to the wage/salary to spending ratio... It's quite cheap here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.