is this to far away

1rockford1
5,000+ posts

Banned
i have my mag in a box that is 2 cubic feet net. you can see how far the box is away from the hatch. i was gona do sub up port up but its to high. i wana know if i should move the box back? my ground wire is not to long goin to the amp. i might be able to move the amp to the back of the box and move the box another 4 inchs mayb towards the the hatch.

the battery is like that for now it is getin cold out my girl and my friend was helping me and they were sayin its cold every 2 min. so i was gona go up to home depot but they got me all pissed.

055.jpg

Move an inch test, move an inch test, etc.
yup, just see what you like best. is that an Eclipse? I did sub up port up in one, it was decent, but that was about the only way I could fit a pair of 15's in the hatch. try turning it different ways and see what you like

Move an inch test, move an inch test, etc.
i have just the l brackets to take out, not a big deal to bad i cant test where i live. see they dont like music even if its not loud there d-bags. so that extra 4 inchs towards the hatch will it be worth it. everything is down, i do have to fix tha battery

yup, just see what you like best. is that an Eclipse? I did sub up port up in one, it was decent, but that was about the only way I could fit a pair of 15's in the hatch. try turning it different ways and see what you like
its a 03 tiburon gt, i had sub up ports back for my 15inch ssd. the mag moves some air but i would like to get a tad louder. the gain is 3/4 up, the sub sonic is around 28hz . i was happy with my voltage but then i started to look at the box and i was like you know what i should move it . then my girl and my friend where like NO JOE WHERE DONE FOR TODAY.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif:crap:

there is more pics if u click the link imy sig

i have the subsonic on it wont go off, if i was sealed then it wont matter but im tune to 32 hz. i was out befor and some one stoped me befor i went in to the store and started to ask about what i had. i said one 12 so that made me feel good. it moves some air for one 12 and 1200 rms or so.

any one eles wana help out. i was thinkin moving it a tad foward. i might have to move my amp. to bad i screwed it down.will 4 little holes on the top cuz any issues?
like said before...just play with it and see what you like. holes in the box will cause extra air noise, you'll just need to seal it up with something. I use the polyurethane adhesive I use for box building, but just about any kind of glue will work.

and slate, you sure you don't mean turn the bass boost off? as far as I know, almost every sub amp has a subsonic filter on it.....

like said before...just play with it and see what you like. holes in the box will cause extra air noise, you'll just need to seal it up with something. I use the polyurethane adhesive I use for box building, but just about any kind of glue will work.

and slate, you sure you don't mean turn the bass boost off? as far as I know, almost every sub amp has a subsonic filter on it.....
must b bass boost he means, i dont use bass boost i never have. i like clean power , the audioque is a great little amp . i am 3/4 on the gain but the people i talked to said thats fine. the amp does not get hot etc etc. my sundown 1200d i was 1/4 on the gain , i never liked the sundwon amp.

unless your entering comps I would not worry about it. You might go up or down a tad number wise but nothing you are going to hear with your ears.

must b bass boost he means, i dont use bass boost i never have. i like clean power , the audioque is a great little amp . i am 3/4 on the gain but the people i talked to said thats fine. the amp does not get hot etc etc. my sundown 1200d i was 1/4 on the gain , i never liked the sundwon amp.

Just out of idle curiosity, why didn't you like the Sundown??

Just out of idle curiosity, why didn't you like the Sundown??
i just felt like it was meh at best, i have the audioque and i like it better. it does not get get warm and i like the size of the audioque better. i know alot will say im nuts cuz i did not like the sundown , to many people just go out buy one amp and there never really in to tryin diff stuff. i like to see what is out there. i have tried alot of small set up's, with my tiburon i might go back to 2 12's . i think the single sub stage i have now will get me threw the winter and if i go back to work in the next few months i will buy some new stuff. its all about trying new things. some times it works and some times it dont. i find if u buy something that otheres might want the resale value will be great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.