Is this taboo?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Moocow16
10+ year member

Master of Puppets
Detroit
So, my car is still new, and I REALLY don't want to drill into it for any reason. For the time being, I'd like to keep the factory alternator (110A, still under warranty). So, as far as upgrades go for the electrical system, I'm ok with "big 3" and adding a battery in the trunk, buuuuut I don't wanna drill into the trunk to mount it. Is it taboo to mount a small-ish AGM battery to the side of the sub box? I feel like this is wrong, but I can't quite put into words why it would be if it's mounted well. The amp will be a soundqubed q1-2200d with the gain set back to 1400W-ish.

Oh... I guess I was expecting something more to the effect of "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!" haha. Well then, that sorta makes things a lot easier then, perfect! Thanks

as negolien said just get a battery box and mount it to the sub box, but make sure its a tight fit so the battery isnt jiggling everywhere. you can even build your own with a $8 piece of mdf from home depot and have them cut it for you. all you have left is to glue or screw the walls together. and to be safe use rubber boots or something to absorb the impact of the bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Moocow16

10+ year member
Master of Puppets
Moocow16
Detroit
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date