Is this SONY amp any good?

oops i meant legacy amp! Scratch all the sony and replace it with legacy. it looks like sony expld. and nm i know legacy isnt that good. (i feel REALLY REALLY stupid.)

DONT WASTE YOUR CASH ON THAT PILE!!!

lol legacy is crap,s tay far away if you can afford something any better.....

They claim 800 watts peak, but im willing to bet it'll give off like 200 RMS, at most, and it'll be dirty dirty power...

that JBL 600 will rock those subs, might even be too much for em, wahts the RMS rating on them?

200w rms and 600w max. with the jbl 600.1 i would run it in parallel series at 2 ohms, getting like 300w per sub right? correct me if i wrong

JBL is good but the sony class d amp can be 300 rms at 4 ohms,600 rms at 2ohms,1000 rms at 1ohm witch is alot of power for a good price.I have this amp and it sounds clean and kicks ass.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the JBL will give you at elast 300 to each sub more like 350 mebbe 400 they are slightly underrated, but perform well..

whats the RMS rating on you sub?

go as close to that as you can and you should be happy

the rms is 200w peak is 600w... but ima run it in a tightly sealed box with less than 1cuft. per subs, so itll most likely be somewhere arond 250-300W rms... corect me if im wrong

i wouldnt know about that, anyone else??

throw that JBL at it, (600.1) and watch your gains, sealed is good, my fave. for lsitening..

throw that JBL at it and dont worry...

Not to disrespect anybody or anything but I think the watt loads presented are crap...

The legacy device has specifications that cant be realistic considered the price. The biggest amp I currently have is the pg octane which costed 2200 $ and has this specs

4 ohm Mono - 400 x 1

2 ohm Per Ch. 200 x 2 -

4 ohm Per Ch. 100 x 2 -

Frequency Response +/-1dB, 20Hz to 20 kHZ

Signal to Noise Ratio (A-weighted) >100dB

Max Continuous

Bridged Power @ 1% THD 400 watts x 1 into

4 ohms + 200 watts x 2 @ 14.4 Vdc

Minimum Load when Bridged 2 Ohms

Minimum Load per Channel 1 Ohm

Input Signal Voltage Range 0.2 volts to 6 volts

Crossover Type Cont. Variable Linkwitz Riley HP,LP

Crossover Slope 24 dB per octave

Crossover Frequency Range 40-800Hz

Auxilary Output Channels yes

Auxilary Output Frequency Range 40-800 hZ

Hi-level Input no

Bass Boost 0- to +18dB @ 45 hZ

Power Supply Voltage 10Vdc to 15.5Vdc

Recommended Fuse 60 amp

Dimensions 31.0L x 12.9W x 2.5H

If the specs would be true then the difference between the legacy and the octane wouldnt be a real lot however the price difference is 2100 bucks +

kinda wicked if ya ask me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.