Is this doable

Participant count
  • Participant list

psycho72
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was looking at some woofs and seems running two in a ported box leads to some pretty massive box requirements. So I got to thinking if it would be possible to create a baffle to mount the woof on, seal the front from the back (ala infinite baffle) but use the trunk as the box and acually create a port. So this baffle would actually be pretty big and actually more than just one side. Like so:

think about how many curves and **** are in your trunk? want to try to figure it out?

or just full it with packing peanuts and measure how much there are in there

plus, the trunk would have to be COMPLETELY air tight for this to work

I work in a warehouse and packing peanuts is exactly what I was thinking of. As for sealing off the trunk, any ideas? And when you say completely for the trunk lid seam could I say replace the foam weather stripping with something rubber? Maybe spray down the trunk with rhino liner to plug any holes or cracks?

ya, you would need to spray it with something but that means you can never ever get water in there cause it wouldnt drain out

sound deadener would also be very, very helpful

and weatherstripping will be your friend

Well you see that was the plan, not to lose all the space. I would fill it when needed and keep it empty the rest of the time. Let me ask this, why is it so important that it be completely sealed? Sorry for the dumb question but can the leaks be tuned into the port?

well whenever you put something into the trunk, it will change the tuning of the box which will totally **** **** up

if its not sealed, it can make weird noises, can change the tuning, and just generally be really bad

Go Ported Hade No Noises With Mine //////have My Power Subes Ported At32hz /4 Inch Pip Great Sql And The Punch When Needed It

Go Ported Hade No Noises With Mine //////have My Power Subes Ported At32hz /4 Inch Pip Great Sql And The Punch When Needed It
what the ****ing **** are you talking about? this thread has nothing to do with your precious RF, get the **** out, you ****ing wothless piece of **** mother****er

tis the season to be jolly, fa ra ra ra ra... acidburn, play nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

fosgate joe, please try making sense next time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

tis the season to be jolly, fa ra ra ra ra... acidburn, play nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
fosgate joe, please try making sense next time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
hehe sorry, i needed to vent and he has been pissing me off recently

Build A Port Box !!!!!!! Assburn You Have A On Sided Mine! Some Subs Work Beter In Sealed And Some Work Beter In Ported Just Box It

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

psycho72

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
psycho72
Los Angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date