carbon fiber

Participant count
  • Participant list

waNtsumBuMP
10+ year member

NOR CAL BEATZ
I posted in the general lounge.. but didnt get any answers.. maybe someone can help me in here.. so here it goes ... i was Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with it... what i need to know is how to make it.. i have the carbon fiber cloth, got the resin, but is that all i need?? Do i just lay the carbon cloth over what i want to be covered, then pour some resin on it, then make sure no bubles, then when dry, buff it then thats all???? I mean i have been ready some other sites and they are talking about buying a special type of resin... so if someone could please help me that would eb greatly appreciated!!!

I wish I could help you out man...

I think I came across a forum that relatyed to fiberglassing and carbon fiber...let me look it up. I'll get back to you

you need to use Epoxy resin not the regular polyester resin

make sure you get this perfect the first time because you cant sand and body fill it (if you want the CF is be seen)

yeah i did a little peice of my dash like a 2" by 2" peice.. and like it looks preaty good... but like you have to have the perfect amount of resin equally on the surface or it will look blotchy... im buildin up to puttin the carbon fiber on a dvd player rack that i made that goes into my center console... but its like a 7" by 10" peice that i would be glassing so its gonna be difficult... but if i mess up i will just peel it out and start over again, i bought over 6 sq feet.. so i have plenty of it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.