Is this doable?

Participant count
  • Participant list

vinter93

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone, new to the forum.
I have a question (probably silly, dont know much about amps), about a project that Im thinking on doing in my car.
I have my factory radio which I would like to keep becase it looks good in the dashboard and dont want to change the look, like it the original way, along with 4 speakers, 2 in dash and 2 on the back.
There is another version of my car that came with extra speakers, same stereo but connected to a proprietary amp.
That amp connects to the factory stereo via fiber optics and outputs to 4 more speakers.
All of this to say that this audio system pretty much locks me out on original upgrading options due to how expensive and rare those amps became, also a nightmare to install and program the stereo for what I've read (Saab 93 owners know what Im talking about :cautious:).
The holes for the speakers are in my car already, just not populated which is a shame, so I was thinking in populating them.
My question is, is there any way to pick the signal from the 2 front speakers and, via an aftermarket amp or something else, populate 2 extra speakers on the door holes?
Would do the same for the back speakers, it has originaly 2 4inch speakers and 2 holes for 6x9 speakers.
Is it doable or not? Not sure if there is a bottleneck that would prevent the extra speakers from working properly or probably fry the stereo / speakers / aftermarket amps...
If it is possible, I'm more than confortable to make all the wiring properly, I've done other projects in the car, just haven't messed with sound yet and not sure on how it works.
Made a basic schematic on the project for you to understand better.
Thank you

Attachments

• Sound Project.jpg
    Sound Project.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 38
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

vinter93

CarAudio.com Newbie
vinter93
Portugal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from