Is this crap or ok?

That and also hope it doesn't fall apart, Seen this happen first hand.
Any box that isn't held with screws is prone to splitting at seems over time. Nothing some glue and screws won't fix down the road. Of all the reasons to be skeptical about pre-fab boxes this would be low on my list.

Any box that isn't held with screws is prone to splitting at seems over time. Nothing some glue and screws won't fix down the road. Of all the reasons to be skeptical about pre-fab boxes this would be low on my list.

Yeah my friend who swears by Skar bought two zvx15's and a ported box from Skar, The box showed up with the top panel no longer fastened to the box.. The airspace and tuning claimed were not correct either.

I haven't done a pre fab myself in over 20 years lol.

All of these things can be had under a dozen different "brand" names, why support companies with shady histories like Skar and CT?
What's the history of CT?
I know all about Skar,I bought the original box and sub deal before all the sh/t happened. My stuff showed up, and luckily I had no issues, but I won't buy from them again based on what happened.

Ok so here's the thing, the dude that own's Skar screwed some people over back in the day who are respected on this forum, so your not going to get any love for that setup. I wasn't here at the time so I can only speculate.
I agree with this.
Me personally I wouldn't run it because of what these cats here have said. I would do an American Bass XD1222 dual 2 ohm sub, a BBox from amazon and a 1k rms amp from amazon. Will be close to the same.
I disagree with this. I don't have a problem with products made overseas, but I have a problem with a product made overseas that calls itself AMERICAN bass.

The airspace and tuning claimed were not correct either.
This cannot be fixed with glue and a handful of screws and is probably a far more common issue than a box splitting at the seems.

What's the history of CT?
They sold a bunch of amps that failed catastrophically (like flames coming out of them, burned carpet in people's cars, etc.) Then a bit later the owner stiffed the buildhouse for several hundred thousand dollars, then if I'm not mistaken he went on some sort of methamphetamine fueled crash and burn during which his warehouse got mysteriously "robbed" and eventually died of a drug overdose.

It was a real shitshow.

I have a problem with a product made overseas that calls itself AMERICAN bass.

I know, right. And just try to go out bass fishing with any of that **** and see how many you catch.

Seriously though, they're one of the "me too" companies that has sold a lot of fairly priced and good performing cookie cutter equipment over the years.

I know, right. And just try to go out bass fishing with any of that **** and see how many you catch.
The company name doesn't say anything about fishing (and you could install their products in your bass boat, so your meant-to-be-witty comment is stupid), but I'm sure you made a few freshmen giggle. For what it's worth, I won't buy American Racing products for the same reason.

Last edited:
I agree with this.

I disagree with this. I don't have a problem with products made overseas, but I have a problem with a product made overseas that calls itself AMERICAN bass.
Well.... Just about every decent company and business has been ran out of our country. Most cant afford to pay the Fkn Taxes or slip any more funds in to the lobbyist fat azzed pockets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Dmopar74

Dmopar74
Kennewick wa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date