Is this Amp any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Stuart

Hey guys, New here to the forums, anyway I have a question. What are your thoughts on this amplifier?

(It wouldn't let me post a link so here are the specs)

FLI Underground FU720.4

Type : 4/3/2 Channel

Class : AB

4 ohm stereo : 4 x 70 watts RMS

2 ohm stereo : 4 x 90 watts RMS

4 ohm mono : 2 x 180 watts RMS

2 ohm mono : N/A

Max power : 720 watts

Freq response : 20Hz – 300KHz

Height : 49mm

Width : 355mm

Depth : 197mm

I am building a better sounding system for my daily runner, i'm not looking for very powerful and loud (in this car).

So I am thinking of buying 2 of these Amp's, one for from components and rear co-axial speakers. and the other bridged to power 2 200w rms subwoofers.

My questions are, is this a decent amp? Why is it so cheap?

I live in the UK so i don't have many brand choices (Unless i pay huge shipping fees).

Thanks in advance.

Stuart.

Fli is low end.

Since you're in the UK you have two brands that are from your country, Vibe and Genesis.

Vibe is mainstream, with a few amps designed by Robert Zeff (founder of Zapco then Arc Audio) at good prices, then Genesis is hand made high end, with prices to match.

I believe they are the same company, but with different levels of quality, and I would bet Fli has optimistic power ratings.

As far as which to buy, I think that depends on what you have to choose from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.