Is this a subwoofer?

Hey all,
Just got an '04 VW Jetta about four weeks ago, and I noticed this thing mounted in my trunk.

I've always just used the stock sound systems so I'm pretty unfamiliar with stuff like this. I've listened in the trunk when I'm playing music and not a stich of sound comes out of it. Am I listening to some sort of switch box looking like a fool?

Thanks,

Will
We've all been noobs, nothing wrong with that. But you gotta admit, the thought of this guy leaning into his trunk, and pressing his ear against his amplifier to try and hear sound coming out of it, is pretty damn funny.

We've all been noobs, nothing wrong with that. But you gotta admit, the thought of this guy leaning into his trunk, and pressing his ear against his amplifier to try and hear sound coming out of it, is pretty damn funny.
Yes, I'll also admit its pretty funny. Gotta start somewhere though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

fine..............fine, eat with a spoon...............
I would....but I gave up spoons a long time ago. I kept loosing them in the soup bowl.

if you click on the picture and open it up' date=' you can see black heatsink..[/quote']
Yeah, there is a heatsink....and that amp bracket makes it look like Fort Knox. I'd hate to figure out how a CD would fit in there. It looks custom made almost...is that how they all come?

Picturing a guy with his head up against that thing is funny. You'd walk up and be like...."Ummmm....what are you doing, dude?" He'd be like...."I dunno...do you hear sound comming from this thing??"...."Um, no? That's an amplifier..."

Hey all,
Just got an '04 VW Jetta about four weeks ago, and I noticed this thing mounted in my trunk.

I've always just used the stock sound systems so I'm pretty unfamiliar with stuff like this. I've listened in the trunk when I'm playing music and not a stich of sound comes out of it. Am I listening to some sort of switch box looking like a fool?

Thanks,

Will
does it look like a subwoofer? im sorry but man this is simply embarrassing. I mean that has to be the stupidest question i have ever seen anyone ask. AND YES YOU ARE LOOKING LIKE A FOOL. i feel bad for u

does it look like a subwoofer? im sorry but man this is simply embarrassing. I mean that has to be the stupidest question i have ever seen anyone ask. AND YES YOU ARE LOOKING LIKE A FOOL. i feel bad for u
Apparently you didn't read the thread.

you should quit the internets, its not for you.

I bet if you worked in a shop, you would run into noobs like this all the time. Just explain to them and share the info you have, I mean, the sub is probly 3" and he wouldnt have guessed it was a sub, but this could be a box with a sub in it with cool looks and mounted pretty cool. brush it off and get used to it, theres stupid people out there.

I bet if you worked in a shop, you would run into noobs like this all the time. Just explain to them and share the info you have, I mean, the sub is probly 3" and he wouldnt have guessed it was a sub, but this could be a box with a sub in it with cool looks and mounted pretty cool. brush it off and get used to it, theres stupid people out there.
Correct. They do have amp/sub units that are all-in-one. I know subaru has a unit that goes under the seat that is an amp sub combo.

Please, I'm no noob...don't assume it because I just joined this site. My response to the OP might have have been unwarranted, and stupid, but to see the difference between a subwoofer and an amplifier would take ZERO effort by anyone with enough computer skills to even create the post in the first place. Of course I don't know all there is about car audio...but I do have the sense to research a question before I ask it.
Picking an e-fight with me right now would be like splashing a drink in a guys face at a bar, not knowing he just won the UFC middleweight championship. Can we stop the nonsense? His stupid question got answered in the first reply.

On to the next topic, please.
take that finger out of your as$ traxtar

Apparently you didn't read the thread.
you should quit the internets, its not for you.
true...if he would have read it, he would have seen one 'jumped on' already for using the OP as a punching bag....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

"the only stupid question, is the one never asked....."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.