Is this 99 Lincoln Navigator a good buy?

Fords brake down more than any car I know of probably comes with a tow truck for added connivance:laugh: Get a Honda now that is a vehicle that will last forever.
We have 3 fords, only things wrong with any was the oil pan seal on my mustang, but was replaced for free by the dealership. the truck was bought new in 1998. Only reg maintenance preformed. We have a explorer we got in 2004, nothing ever been wrong with it.

N ever had a problems with Fords.

Fords brake down more than any car I know of probably comes with a tow truck for added connivance:laugh: Get a Honda now that is a vehicle that will last forever.
You truly are an idiot are you?

Ford's three brands-Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury-continue to pull away from the rest of the Detroit automakers. Almost all Ford models are now average or better, with the exception of some that are truck-based. Excluding those, Ford's reliability is now on par with good Japanese automakers.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/cr-recommended/best-worst-in-car-reliability-1005/reliability-findings/reliability-findings.htm

Ford Motor Co.'s car quality is on par with Toyotas and Hondas, Consumer Reports magazine announced Thursday.
Rik Paul, automotive editor for the magazine, said Ford's improvements have come in just about every vehicle class.

"Most of the Ford models are doing pretty well. It's the exceptions that aren't doing as well," Paul said
http://blog.cleveland.com/business/2008/10/ford_reliability_closes_in_on.html

DETROIT - People might have to stop making all those jokes about the quality of Ford’s cars — the ones that say Ford stands for “Found on Road Dead” or “Fixed or Repaired Daily.”
Now, it could be “Fixing Our Reputation Daily.”

Ford Motor Co. supplanted Toyota as leader of the pack in J.D. Power and Associates’ annual initial quality rankings released Wednesday, grabbing more individual awards than any other automaker for the first time since 1998, when it tied for the top spot.
Ford’s Lincoln brand, which jumped from 12th to third in overall vehicle quality, averaged 100 problems per 100 vehicles. It was behind Porsche and Toyota’s Lexus luxury brand, which averaged 94 problems per 100 vehicles.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19073071/

Ranking Change Nameplate Problems Per 100 Vehicles
1 - Porsche 87

2 +7 Infiniti 98

3 -1 Lexus 99

4 +1 Mercedes-Benz 104

(tie) +2 Toyota 104

6 +2 Mercury 109

7 -3 Honda 110

8 +2 Ford 112

(tie) -2 Jaguar 112

10 +16 Audi 113

(tie) +15 Cadillac 113

(tie) +5 Chevrolet 113

13 -1 Hyundai 114

(tie) +8 Pontiac 114

15 -12 Lincoln 115

16 -2 Buick 118

Industry Average 118
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/2008-jd-power-rankings-released/

lmao thts why i see more blown up chevys than anything my friends 2004 monte carlo just went at 112k chevys engines r crap for long term ive got two lincolns with 32v 4.6 mods in them both with over 200k fact is fords modular engines last much longer than chevys anything i believe the navigator has a 5.4l 32v which is in the ford gt and gt500 but it might be a different year

those engines are good for at LEAST 200k without getting tired

why not an early 90's blazer? ... they can be had for $1500-2g's which you can sink the other 2g you woulda spend on the Navigator on seat covers or new leather seats and stereo equip
I was thinking about switch from astro van to a blazer but then I thought why get a early blazer that is ugly as ****, for almost 2 grandbuy a newer astro(around98) with more features/room for stereo that is just as ugly for $500-$1000

Realistically, unless painstaking obsessive good care has been taken care of that truck, how much more usable life could there possibly be left in it?

lmao thts why i see more blown up chevys than anything my friends 2004 monte carlo just went at 112k chevys engines r crap for long term ive got two lincolns with 32v 4.6 mods in them both with over 200k fact is fords modular engines last much longer than chevys anything i believe the navigator has a 5.4l 32v which is in the ford gt and gt500 but it might be a different yearthose engines are good for at LEAST 200k without getting tired
Lmao. I love it. Its not the car's fault it breaks down its the owner's fault. Mostly all cases of the car falling apart is the owner's fault.

On a side note. I love fords. They keep my shop busy thank you ford for making what you make. Keep up the good work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

But really saying one company is better then another is just pointless. Saying one costumer is better taking care of his/her vehicle then another costumer is more realistic. Im sure all mechanic's or Service writers could tell you what morans there are out there beating the living crap out of their cars with alot of known problems. Im saying known problems because I have seen sooooo Many ppl decline work even after we tell them that their car/ truck is going to fall apart.

I had a 2000 navigator and now have a 2000 LS, and also a 2001 bullitt. I love all my fords and lincolns too. Navi was a fun truck to have. At 200k miles i would get the air ride suspension checked out thoroughly before buying it. A tune up means that all coils($8 on ebay for 100ish) and plugs need changed. If there is oil or liquid in the plug wells thats a potential headgasket change. in which case its worth about 3k. I would look for one with less miles and find a better deal. Does it have the 4v intech engine? Its a little better then the other one thats in early navis.

IMAGE_023.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.