IS there anything Wrong <McIntosh Damaged>

Participant count
  • Participant list

night_mirage
10+ year member

I have A McIntosh MC4000M amplifier and i bought it before 3 months and it was Working Fine untill i added another Battery ..

At the 1st it Did work Fine .. But after finishing my install and hiding the Wires, I started the HU and The AMP did n't Work .. I sent it to Repair and he said IC .. Because we Don't have a Dealer around here (At my Country) ..

After that i installed my old Kicker kx200.2 AMP and after 1 day, Its damaged too .. Also IC .. Smells Bad .. As like the McIntosh ..

So is there anything i did wrong to damage my AMP's .. Is it the 2nd Battery ??

I used 4ft 1/0 .. Between Batteries .. Between Them ..

I need Expert's Opinion ..

You need fuses on any power wire that goes through a firewall or any metal, and there needs to be a plastic or rubber grommet around any hole that the wire passes through.

check to see if one of your wire is stripped and the wires are touching bare metal
I did ..---> Nothing Wrong .. But i Assume it the Fvckin Fuse's .. OH god i should added one ..

I am still awiting for my AMP's But i hope he will be able 2 fix the McIntosh ..

I was worrying about this Since i bought it .. Because we don't have a Dealer

A sharp metal edge can work itself through insulation over time, yes.

If you don't have a fuse between that point and the battery, you're lucky nothing has caught on fire yet...

Thanks Man , But It's NOT that Hard. And i already Now about Fuse's But it Was my Mistake Because i was in hurry to hear my new HSK's Powered by MC AMP Plus Adding another Battery ..

In my Country we Don't have a big ANL Fuse's .. Juse 25A .. So i ordered 4 online .. But i coudl n't wait 4 them .. So ITS MY BAD .. And i'm really Upset But its Good 2 learn from ur Experience ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.