Is there any kind of aersole spray or tape sound deadener?

trunks9_us
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am looking for some kinda of material that i can spray metal on this metal is 2 rods clanking when bass hits and its tied to my trunks when i open and close it. So i need somthing like maybe a rubber based or sound deadener so when they hit it wont make noise or maybe some kinda of tape. I was thinking maybe is there a foam tape out there or rubber tape if so give me names for the tape and spray thx. I will need this spray as well for spots i cant get to in my car to get the road noise out thx.

your pretty stupid did you know that.
You think you have a better system then me?

Cause i bet you dont .
oooohhh

thats harsh

lets see some pics of yor problem..

include the pics of all the zapco and jbl in your trunk... just for shits and giggles

Cascade makes an aerosol deadener. Parts Express carries it.

Rubber weatherstripping may also work with some spray adhesive. Pipe insulation is another idea.

Cascade makes an aerosol deadener. Parts Express carries it.
Rubber weatherstripping may also work with some spray adhesive. Pipe insulation is another idea.
do you know how good this is compared to dynamat extreme is it the same result as far as deadening goes? that if it is it would be a big weight saver. just curious how this stacks to dynamat extreme.

I used a spray deadener before, it was alright, but I wouldnt expect anything earth shattering.

If I'm thinking right, with your description, the two bars are a spring deal to hold the trunk open and assist with the opening. I can only imagine how much of a pain int he ass that would be to spray on deadener. You just want them to stop banging together? Some foam and tape. I bet just a few wraps of electrical tape would do it.

your pretty stupid did you know that.
You think you have a better system then me?

Cause i bet you dont .
Even really good equipment installed poorly *****, not saying that yours is but you cant just go off how much money your dopped on your stuff

I used a spray deadener before, it was alright, but I wouldnt expect anything earth shattering.
If I'm thinking right, with your description, the two bars are a spring deal to hold the trunk open and assist with the opening. I can only imagine how much of a pain int he ass that would be to spray on deadener. You just want them to stop banging together? Some foam and tape. I bet just a few wraps of electrical tape would do it.
yea i was thinking the same as well the other reason i was wanting the spray was because the spot i can not get to with the dynamat extreme i was just gonna spray in around the area and underneather my wheel wells i am planning on putting dynamat extreme on my out side wheel wells but only enough to where you cant see it so i dont look stupid with silver **** on the outside of my car or i might even spray this Cascade VB-1S on the dynamat extreme or get some black spray paint to cover it all up that way i will be super quiet when i am driving.

Even really good equipment installed poorly *****, not saying that yours is but you cant just go off how much money your dopped on your stuff
NO it does not **** i promise you that i been working on this project for for a while now saving up and just doing a lil at a time as much as i can i am making sure it is perfect and i am making money no expense I am going all out on this car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.