Is there al ALL IN ONE Amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GNBRETT

CarAudio.com Newbie
Set up: 2013 Mustang GT

1.) Morel Elate Pro 3-ways up front.
2.) No rear speakers.
3.) (1) Utopia 10 in MW Sub. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091SUB10WM/Focal-SUB10WM.html

Is there an Amp that will run everything properly or do I need a separate amp to run the fronts and
and separate amp to run the sub?

Im looking for an SQ amp to run both and price isn't really a concern. Weight certainly is tho.
I like the Mosconi and Helix amps is there something else im not looking at thats small and lightweight
that has excellent quality?

And will I need to mount the tweeter on the or near the pillar or can I put it in the door? I know some tweeters work decent off axis and others dont. The tweeter that comes with the Elate Pro's is nearly identical to the Piccilo tweeter and I read it doesn't do well off axis but wanted to confirm with u guys?

Anyone?

JL Audio HD900/5 is a great amp. It has a small footprint, super efficient class d design, same power output at 1.5 to 4 ohms, and packs quite a punch. Sound is so detailed, you can hear forks hitting plates when you watch a movie in your car.
As for tweeter location, you can put them in the door sails (inside bolt cover of side mirrors) for better imaging.

Will that AMP be enough power to power that Focal 10 inch sub? I see they have pods for the Focal tweeters I guess I could use those.

That JL is a little on the big side. Looking for something really lightweight with a little smaller footprint? Any other suggestions?

Seems like that may be a possibility tho but im really looking for one that has a DSP built in.

JL Audio HD900/5 is a great amp. It has a small footprint, super efficient class d design, same power output at 1.5 to 4 ohms, and packs quite a punch. Sound is so detailed, you can hear forks hitting plates when you watch a movie in your car.
As for tweeter location, you can put them in the door sails (inside bolt cover of side mirrors) for better imaging.

Yes 3-way. I will be using a DSP and not sure yet if active or Passive. I was told Active would be a better route. Save me money on crossovers I guess lol. Im not really sure which would work best. Im not looking to cut corners or the best price just what works best.

Are you running these 3 ways with passive crossovers or active? Are you using a DSP?

Dewt
Yes 3-way. I will be using a DSP and not sure yet if active or Passive
Popwarhomie is right. Smallest footprint 6 channel with built in DSP I can think of is the JL Audio VX600/6i. An 8 channel is just too big, so your best option is to go passive. I have used both passive and active. I do not hear a significant improvement with active so I choose passive on my front channels. But I imagine at higher power, active crossing is a must.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.