Is there a sundown 15 that will sound good in sealed box.

The Ultimax trades efficiency for better low end extension. I'd pick the Ultimax for heavily rebassed and slowed music or for home theatre applications where it can dig low. HO is no slouch and will be more musical overall. Pick your poison.

I have around 3.5 cubic feet available. I have teo alpine type r 12s but am afraid i would not be happy with just one. I have ran 10s, 12s and 18s but never a 15. Thought i would try it.

I have around 3.5 cubic feet available. I have teo alpine type r 12s but am afraid i would not be happy with just one. I have ran 10s, 12s and 18s but never a 15. Thought i would try it.

3.5 is enough for a sealed 15 but 2 10s in a ported box would be louder and extend lower depending on the port tune.

Have you looked into adding a passive radiator?

It's basically the top half of a subwoofer with no voicecoil or motor and you weight it down to change the resonance (tuning). You would need 2 most likely so cost is a factor but it will give you better performance than a sealed box.

your two 12s will be louder than one 15. You are in luck though, 3.5 cubes is enough for two dayton ho 15s since they only need 1.58 cubic feet airspace to thrive.

honestly the dayton spanks the sundown SD in overall bandwidth, clarity and accuracy. The SD series hits lows better but thats about it. I'm not impressed at all with the SD series in a sealed, takes a lot of power to get as loud as the dayton on way less power as well.

SD-3 and SD-4 are SQ. The SD-2 was louder. They are making a SLD sub which is supposed to be more SD-2 like.
in a sealed box the SD 2 wasnt loud at all to me. It hits lows 25 to 35hz louder but overall musicality and overall loudness was pretty poor, definitely feels like a ported box sub more than a sealed. the Efficiency bandwidth product also suggests ported from the ts parameters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.