is there a Hertz amplifier that could run a JL 10W7

Participant count
  • Participant list

TannerGreenwood01

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi I’m looking for an amplifier to run my 10 W7JL audio subwoofer I’d prefer to be hertz as it would match all the other upgrades it made to my sound system this summer. I’ll upload some pics later. So anyone know any Hertz Amps that could run a 10W7?

Like would the
Hertz Mille Power 1 D-CLASS 1,000 Watts Mono Amplifier (MLPOWER1) or the Hertz - Compact Power Series 1400W Class D Mono Amplifier (HCP1D) work? something a little more affordable and newer?

They are single 3 ohm. So you would want something that does over the subwoofers power rating at 3 ohms. The HP3001 does around 1500 watts rms at 3 ohms. After box rise and voltage drop you would probably be seeing just enough power for that subwoofer.

The Hertz Milli 1 does around 800rms at 3 ohms before box rise and voltage drop. Which would work but most likely not seeing the subwoofers rated power.

I personally like to have double my subwoofers RMS rating in amp power to combat box rise.

Hertz amps are insanely expensive for what you get IMO though. If you decided to look into other brands it would really open up alot of doors for alot cheaper as well.

They are single 3 ohm. So you would want something that does over the subwoofers power rating at 3 ohms. The HP3001 does around 1500 watts rms at 3 ohms. After box rise and voltage drop you would probably be seeing just enough power for that subwoofer.

The Hertz Milli 1 does around 800rms at 3 ohms before box rise and voltage drop. Which would work but most likely not seeing the subwoofers rated power.

I personally like to have double my subwoofers RMS rating in amp power to combat box rise.

Hertz amps are insanely expensive for what you get IMO though. If you decided to look into other brands it would really open up alot of doors for alot cheaper as well.
Thanks again!! Really appreciate all the help you’ve been giving me. Any suggestions for an Affordable one?

I personally would get the Taramps MD1800 2 ohm version. Super small amp as well and under $200. It's so sound quality amp but i'm not really sure if sound quality is your main goal or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.