Is There A Hd Video Hu??

filmshoot

norcal
Hi,

I am looking for an HD video HU. Please let me know where I can buy a headunit that is about a 7" Double Din TOUCHSCREEN that is capable of playing HD resolution video?

It doesn't need to play Bluray or HD-DVD however, if it does that is better.....I just want it to be able to play HD VIDEO on the screen...so this means that it must be able to allow me to hook up an external hard Drive via USB

I want to screen to be at lease 720p but 1080p would be the best!

Please let me know where I can find this unit, and how much it costs. Also, Please let me know if there isn't a 7" double din, if there is a motorized version available.

THANKS!!!

None exist because:

a) there are no screens capable of 1920 x 1080 (1080p) or even 1280 x 720 (720p) resolution in that small of a screen

b) even if there were you wouldn't be able to tell any difference in PQ compared to the current ones right now because the screen is so small

c) too expensive

I'm sorry but you are incorrect in your answer a.) . There are screens that small.....they are being used as monitors for HD video cameras. Check out this link....

http://www.steadicamforum.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t7279.html

As far as price goes....yes, these are expensive, however if they were mass produced economies of scale would kick in, and the price would drop drastically.

I know some manufacturer must have used one of these screens in a double-din for a car head unit.......otherwise if there is a manufacturer working on it please let me know.

Also, I would defninitely be able to tell the quality difference, and I need the screen so that I can play the HD video...the video just won't play unless it has a monitor that can support it.

I'm sorry but you are incorrect in your answer a.) . There are screens that small.....they are being used as monitors for HD video cameras. Check out this link.... http://www.steadicamforum.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t7279.html

As far as price goes....yes, these are expensive, however if they were mass produced economies of scale would kick in, and the price would drop drastically.

I know some manufacturer must have used one of these screens in a double-din for a car head unit.......otherwise if there is a manufacturer working on it please let me know.

Also, I would defninitely be able to tell the quality difference, and I need the screen so that I can play the HD video...the video just won't play unless it has a monitor that can support it.
If you are so sure....why did you post this asking this question?

Its a nice idea you got with the free market driving down the cost.But as everyone has said you won't be able to tell on that size screen.

Your best bet is to buy one of those monitors and run audio through a deck and video through the screen.

Its not about the resolution but the amount of Mega pixels.

Alpine leads the way with 1.15million.Most others are in the 700-900 range.

Jenson also makes a 7" with the same resolution as the alpine but quailty lacks a bit.

As mentioned 800x400 isn't HD resolution. The minimum resolution for true HD is 1280 x 720. What those screens are doing is taking the signal and downscaling it to 800x400. True that 800x400 is pretty good for LCDs that size but still no where close to HD.

A few people said those screens are running around $2500-3000 a piece just for the screen alone and they arent even touch screens. Tack on $400-500 for a bluray drive and you have a $3500 deck, probably more like $4k after adding all the electrical stuff to get this thing to work.

What you're looking for probably won't exist til another 5 years or so. You can build a carpc that would play the videos but you still have to consider that there are no 7" 720P screens available yet.

I'm sorry but you are incorrect in your answer a.) . There are screens that small.....they are being used as monitors for HD video cameras. Check out this link.... http://www.steadicamforum.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t7279.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.