is the foam worth it? opinions please

I'd like to know the logic behind all you guys saying not to fire them into the cabin and seal them off from the trunk... You are in effect making a miniwall per say. Mine is WAY louder with them firing in than they were towards the back. I did a 142.7 with them backwards and a 145.9 with them firing in... same mic both times(AC).

helo i wasnt talkin to you on the experience thing. someone said subs should face the rear and fold down small seat, thats who i was talking to.

i didnt face them towards the rear i faced them inside and the trunk still rattled due to those minor gaps, i stick a towel in them and the rattle was practically gone. from that i know if i faced it to the back the trunk would go crazy

i just saw an altima with 2 10" L5 rattle like crazyyyyyy and sounded terrible, imagine that but worse in my car, even though it is a maxima.

i thought about the box being 4.5 from 4.2 and it wont even be worth the money i spend. im plenty satisfied now and i still have a stock HU.

I'd like to know the logic behind all you guys saying not to fire them into the cabin and seal them off from the trunk... You are in effect making a miniwall per say. Mine is WAY louder with them firing in than they were towards the back. I did a 142.7 with them backwards and a 145.9 with them firing in... same mic both times(AC).
Other people have had differing results. Your experience with your car doesn't make your solution the definitve answer. The results depend on the car and the freqs involved. There is also a big difference between getting a car loud to the ear where sounding good is still a concern and worrying only about loud to the mic.

xclusiv3-have you deadened the trunk at all? I did very basic deadening in my car and there is no rattling. This is in a car known to ring like a tin can. I would suggest addressing the rattles, personally.

no i havent.

i no it changes from car to car but i know people with 2+ layers and they get rattle

from corollas to caddy el dorados (727 kid)

and i didnt do the install, a shop did

and my car is just like an altima, and after seeing that altima rattle the way it did on 2 10's, i dont even wanna try

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.