is my hu messed up?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

shaunls1
10+ year member

hey guys i have a alpine 7892 cd player and it has 3 pre amps f/r/s and im not shure if there is some thing wrong with it. now this problem just happens with the sub out it seems that every amp i hook to the sub rca's has to be turned up high to get it loud like where a sub amp should be. like i have a memphis m class 500w sub amp in my escalde with 2 m class 10's and is turned up about half way and sound really good then when i put that amp in my camaro that has the alpine hu the amp has to be turned up almost all the way and i also has a alpine mrv f250 sub amp that i had the same thing happen. i know its 2 volt pre out's.help guys and if ya got any questions post up!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Might just have to raise the Input sensitivity on the amp to make up for the 2 volt preouts on your H/U.. If you do this and it still seems weak I'd suspect something is wrong with the RCA outputs or the RCA wires themselves

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.