Is my deck done for?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RyanParshall
10+ year member

Cool New Member
So I've had this Pioneer Premier deck for about 2 years now, and everything's been great with it until today, I turned into a parking lot I've gone into a million times and the small bump made all my speakers freak out and stop working. The rest of the day my speakers have cut in and out randomly, sometimes working perfect then soon shuts off again. The deck maintains power at all times, and the subwoofer always works.

The deck runs the speakers. My guess is something important came loose inside the deck, I pulled it out and checked all the wiring, it's all perfect. Anybody have any idea what it could be and if I can tear it apart and fix it my self? Or should I just look for a new deck? thanks.

If you have a 4 channel amp laying around, you might try using that to see if its the deck thats acting up. if the amp runs your tunes, at least u got bumps while you find a new deck!

True. It's weird that the output seems to work fine for the sub, but the speaker wire outputs are acting up as a whole. But unfortunately no 4 chan amp haha.

my guess is a small fuse to the internal amplifier. Otherwise just put a 4 channel amp on it. That's the way to go, subs without mids are fail.

That definitely doesn't make sense that it would be a fuse if it is still cutting in and out working fine then not working fine. If a fuse blows, the connection is completely gone. And as far as I know the only fuse is the main 10amp fuse on the outside of the deck right where the wires plug in. But hey at least now I can hear all of the vibrations in my car with nothing but subs playing haha. Maybe get some of those fixed...

Well I took the deck out of my car, and took it apart inside, pulled the top cage off and unscrewed the Cd player device, everything inside looks pretty good. I didnt find anything loose or burnt up, heard no rattles. I plugged it back in the way it was and everything worked fine except the cd player of course, then brought it back in the house and plugged the cd player back in place screwed it back together and put the deck in my car and so far everything is fine. I'll have to drive my car around and find out if I magically fixed it.

I'm really not sure exactly how it coulda messed up in the first place, guess we'll see....

Well I took the deck out of my car, and took it apart inside, pulled the top cage off and unscrewed the Cd player device, everything inside looks pretty good. I didnt find anything loose or burnt up, heard no rattles. I plugged it back in the way it was and everything worked fine except the cd player of course, then brought it back in the house and plugged the cd player back in place screwed it back together and put the deck in my car and so far everything is fine. I'll have to drive my car around and find out if I magically fixed it.
I'm really not sure exactly how it coulda messed up in the first place, guess we'll see....
my guess is a wire came loose somewhere

I figured it out! My left rear speaker wires were touching the ground of my car forcing the deck into protect mode. haha. Stupidness... It rattled loose enough to touch apparently because of my subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.