Is it my headunit or stock car amp that isnt working?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nugg32
10+ year member

Ohio
So i had my speakers hooked up to an aftermarket amp and long story short i didn't like it and rewired it back to my stock speaker wires. Since i did that, My headunit turns on and plays the cd but i dont have any sound coming from my speakers. here is what i did to test my headunit.

1. I wired aftermarket speaker wires to the Left front speaker wires coming from my headunit

2. I connected the speaker wires directly to the speaker that i know works.

3. i still have no sound coming from the speaker that i know works.

Did i do this wrong or is my headunit just trash?

maybe you have a factory amp and forgot to hook up your amp turn on lead...all the speaker wires can be hooked up but if you forget that ...no sound ..especially common with Dodge Infinity setups
No, I remembered to rewire my remote back to the amp turn on

You dont happen to have a deck where the internal amp can be switched off...Alpine and others have that feature ...What all does your system consist of ?
Before i had this problem i had Two Pioneer ts-d1720c in the front, with the Alpine cde-134hd Headunit all wired to the Alpine mrv-f300. I think i had some tuning wrong plus i found corrosion on the bottom of my amp ( Placed under my seat) so i decided to play it safe and take the MRV-f300 out and just rewire it back to the headunit. I wired the speakers and remote back in. Turned the headunit on and could see that it was playing my CD but i had no sound.

So now all i have is The Pioneer ts-d1720c speakers connected to the Alpine cde-134hd Headunit

Before i had this problem i had Two Pioneer ts-d1720c in the front, with the Alpine cde-134hd Headunit all wired to the Alpine mrv-f300. I think i had some tuning wrong plus i found corrosion on the bottom of my amp ( Placed under my seat) so i decided to play it safe and take the MRV-f300 out and just rewire it back to the headunit. I wired the speakers and remote back in. Turned the headunit on and could see that it was playing my CD but i had no sound.
So now all i have is The Pioneer ts-d1720c speakers connected to the Alpine cde-134hd Headunit
Alpines are one of the main units that the internakl amp can be turned off...having the external amp before would have been reason to turn this off so deck can operate cooler...go into your menu on the alpine and you should see how to turn internal amp on or off...make sure its turned on ...Hopefully this will fix your issue ...I have seen where the decks amp chip goes bad and RCA outputs still continue to work ..though

Alpines are one of the main units that the internakl amp can be turned off...having the external amp before would have been reason to turn this off so deck can operate cooler...go into your menu on the alpine and you should see how to turn internal amp on or off...make sure its turned on ...Hopefully this will fix your issue ...I have seen where the decks amp chip goes bad and RCA outputs still continue to work ..though

Thanks!!! Thats all i had to do. Turn on the internal amp. i guess i should have actually read the manual before losing it. I really appreciate the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.