2015 Mustang Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

arshull

Hello all....

Quick question, does anyone know if the stock head unit on a 2015 Mustang has a digital or analog signal going to the factory amp? Is there a way to meter the signal to tell?

Needing to hook up aftermarket amps to this system and a previous installer lost the amp output harness so there is no way to hook up the LC7i to the speaker level outputs. If the inputs are analog, I can obviously create some RCA cables from the low level factory amp inputs. But, I have no idea if they are analog and don't want to cut the wiring anymore than necessary. The previous installer trashed the system and I'm rebuilding it, just stuck at this point.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

i believe there is a voltage deference between the two it's like double or something. Search it I'm pretty that's how you can tell but I could be wrong.

I did search for how to meter digital vs analog signal and did not find any answers. Most topics were about the sound levels and prexenting clipping using VU and DCC meters on the audible side of things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.