Is it bad to mix 18 gauge speaker wire with 13 gauge speaker wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

Preka4

On thw back of my pioneer head unit cables are 0.75mm2 and I want to connect them to 2.5mm2 speaker wire that goes to the back speakers,I used thicker wire because it is 5m long. Is it bad or is it dangerous for head unit to mix these 2 speaker wire gauges?

This 18 gauge wire is just 20cm long,so it is Ok?

But when I used 0.75mm2 that is 5m long I had higher sound(better highs) and now with 13gauge I have lower highs but deeper bass I think. Is that normal?

Is it possible that because wire is thicker resistance is lower so my head unit doesn't have enough power to run them?
Lol no. That's not how it works. Read the resistance on each peice. You will see for yourself.

Now if the wire is to small it could build up heat and add resistance but that's not happening with a head unit amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.