Is it a function of the head unit, or how the installation is done...

BennyLava

Banned
DFW
Got a few questions here, I think it will be best if I just number them. They will be easier to address that way.

1. Is it the function of the headunit, or the installation of the headunit, if it will not come on when you turn your car's ignition to the "On" position, or start the car?

2. Is it the function of the headunit, or the installation of the headunit, if it will not remember the station presets, and the volume level that you had it set to, when you turn your car's ignition to the "On" position, or start the car?

3. Same question for the source, band, or track (and place the track was at) of a CD.

Your installation is messed up for 2 and 3. Sounds like the constant 12V was hooked up incorrectly.
What he said //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But why won't the head unit come back on every time I start the car? I mean, if i left the head unit on, (i did not hit the power button to turn it off when i killed the engine) then shouldn't it come right back on? And since it is not doing that, how can I get it to?

Because you most likely ran the accessory wire (red) to the 12v constant wire (yellow) of the HU. Many HU's need a constant 12v source to maintain their flash memory (I think thats what its called?).

Basically what happens when you turn your car off is the accessory wire no longer is recieving a 12v signal and it shuts the HU off completely. To the affect of completely disconnecting it from your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.