Is fiberglass matting necessary?

Thread Conclusion:

Matte Is Required For Fiberglassing. There Are Ways Around It But Will Result In Being A Tradeoff Between Working Time And Quality.

Fatryan Is Bi-polar And Lazy...probably Why He Is Fat. Fatryan Also Needs To Take Supplemental Courses In Reading Comprehension.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I missed all this?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Thread Conclusion: 

Matte Is Required For Fiberglassing. There Are Ways Around It But Will Result In Being A Tradeoff Between Working Time And Quality.

Fatryan Is Bi-polar And Lazy...probably Why He Is Fat. Fatryan Also Needs To Take Supplemental Courses In Reading Comprehension.
yes, we got the matting part covered. yes im lazy, but not too fat anymore. and no, i dont need help with reading comprehension.

Are you trying to dip the matting in the resin and then put it on, or something? That works, but yeah, the matting sticks to your gloves a lot.

My method is to put resin on the whole area I'm fiberglassing before I start putting the matting on. I then lay down a little matting, then more resin untill the matting is clear and thoroughly soaked. That way, the matting sticks to the desired area long enough for me to get the rest of the resin on. I use a paint brush to put down the resin, it seems easier to me than doing it paper mache style.

but the banter has been so much fun!
req for president.................. so long as his nuts don't itch
*scratch scratch*

Roasting%20Shea%20Nuts.jpg

what did you think i was doing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

*scratch scratch*

Roasting%20Shea%20Nuts.jpg

what did you think i was doing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Hey thats my MOM!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i've actually just resined before, let it dry, and kitty hair it in to shape. that worked really well for me, so i wouldnt say matting is absolutely necessary.

But then its not really considered fiberglassing right? Only gluing using an epoxy resin as your glue source. The kitty hair product does contain small fiberglass fibers though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.