Is fiberglass matting necessary?

i've actually just resined before, let it dry, and kitty hair it in to shape. that worked really well for me, so i wouldnt say matting is absolutely necessary.
That's all well and good if you don't mind having a weak enclosure... while kitty hair does have glass fibers in it, I woundn't trust it to properly strengthen an enclosure...

But hey, if it worked for you and didn't crack or flex, then it must have been good enough for your application...

That's all well and good if you don't mind having a weak enclosure... while kitty hair does have glass fibers in it, I woundn't trust it to properly strengthen an enclosure...
But hey, if it worked for you and didn't crack or flex, then it must have been good enough for your application...
it wasnt an enclosure. i did a piece for a 90' mustang and replaced the ash tray with a 7 inch monitor. if it were an enclosure, i agree, kitty-hair would not be sufficient by itself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.