brian84corvette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hello all.

merry x mas and all that stuff.

im just curious if you feel like your systems are on the verge

or actually are breaking your cars yet.

as my vette is showing its age - the fiberglass is showing signs

of spider cracks ( and worse in some areas )

wondering if it will continue to worsen due to solely me beating

my car do death with my re sx 18. hahaha.

seriously, my rear hatch glass hates my current box config.

and the glass it self is flexing. alot actually.

im kinda worried it will crack or shatter one day.

so - if your system is bad enough to damage your ride

id like to hear about it. - and steps you took to keep the rig going.

id realley hate to have to give up the vette

for more of a "sound off " type viechle to build a system in.

Be careful when it's ungodly cold out, any extreme weather changes from cold to hot will affect that glass and it's durability

You should be fine though, in generally you MIGHT get a screw loose due to it and if it's doing it's job well enough you might ADD to the cracking fiberglass, but I dont foresee you actually creating new ones.

yeah whenever i used to burp my crx and explorer a bunch of rust would fly off it lol, and in my rsx with my four re mx 12's whenever i burped it my horn would go beep haha. no real damage though, lost a brakelight in the explorer b/c of the bass/rattle though

Two notable things have happened to my car after putting the system in:

1. To open my trunk, I now have to push down on it really hard, turn the key in the keyhole and let go at the same time. The electronic button on the remote or at the dash no longer work, has to be done that way for some reason.

2. When the bass hits it tends to fold down my rear seats. Not sure what it did exactly, but it damaged the way the seat clips onto the rear deck so when hard enough bass hits the back of the seat (I have subs and port towards the cabin, so seats up all the pressure hits there) they fold down and smack me and possibly my passenger in the head.

That's about it for now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

do you have your seats ghetto leanin?
You know it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

Haha, nah I have my seats at a decent recline. Girl I usually have as a passenger lays down a lot though so reclines way back. It's hilarious when the seat just pops down and hits her in the head. It doesn't only happen with bass now, even hard bumps and stuff can knock them down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I ghetto lean sometimes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

i burped it my horn would go beep
thats just awesome haha. but yeah losing taillights *****. i stopped replacing my rear left after the 3rd one. deadener ftw, although i have none.

hey brian, i almost broke my sunroof when i put my ported box back in lol wouldnt open! i had to hit it hard to get back into the grove haha

ps, - possible box build this week or weekend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.