Is Alpine CDE-164BT worth picking up?

Participant count
  • Participant list

yippee

Okay, quick question here.. Simply put, is an Alpine CDE-164BT worth picking up?

Vehicle is an '07 Ford Ranger single cab. Right now running a small amp and 8" sub that came with the truck. Eventually looking at going to 2x 10" in a sealed box behind the seat. I just want a system that is able to offer a little more. I'm leaning more towards SQ, not going to be competing with the truck so it doesn't have to be the best SQ you've ever heard, but I would like it to be really nice.

I was all but decided on the Pioneer DEH-80PRS. I went into a local audio shop today just to kill some time and look around. Was talking to one of the workers. He asked what I was looking to do and showed me the Alpine CDE-164BT. The thing that really got me thinking was he said he'll sell it to me for $160 out the door (brand new, making room for new product lines). I've been doing some reading and it seems to be fairly well regarded, though not the best. Is it good enough to justify at this price, or continue holding out for something else?

Thanks for any opinions or experience you have that may help me out.

At that price, id jump on it. My brother has a 163 that he really likes, the 164 is newer I believe. My bro paid 190 for the 163 and he said it was well worth it

yes its very worth it at that price. It has all your bases covered. 3 way network mode capable, Less EQ bands but they are parametric not graphical so that makes up for it pretty well. Alpine always underrates their pre out voltage as well

Perfect! Picked one up today while I was off. Worst case, I can always put it in my girlfriend's Jeep down the road if it doesn't work out for me. She's wanting to upgrade to something else anyways, since what came in it is pretty lackluster. Hopefully I'll be happy with it though, just nice to have a back up plan if needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.