is a MRX-M100 too much for 1 swr-12d4

Participant count
  • Participant list

numbn8

After tons of plotting and planning I am finnalizing my order for the first system I have completely built in about 15 years. Since then it has been preowner and put together already or a package deal.

For my 2012 Jeep Patriot, I was leaning twards 1 Alpine SWR-12D4. It has Dual 4ohm voice coils. Max watt 3000w. Max RMS 1000w.

I planed on ordering a alpine MRX-M100 to go with it. It will push out 1000w RMS at 2 ohm if I (i think i am using the terminology correctly) Bridge it.

I am looking at other people set ups and they are running the same amp as the one I plan on using, only they are using it for 2 of the same subs i plan on getting. The more i read the more confused i get. My questions are... Am I thinking the whole thing wrong and going to send way too much power to one sub? Should I plan on ordering 2 subs, and not using the DVC? Is 1000w on the sub going to be way too much for what would be needed in that vehical? Should I just get a Alpine MRX-M50 amp at 500w Rms (if so why). Or is the initial way planned a perfect match?

Thanks for any input/help

Nate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.